I just got "gold member" status but I haven't made a donation
- Thread starter Morbert
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 1K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
- 20,002
- 11,121
It’s more than just donations 
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,806
- 2,212
Morbert, you might like to read about what has been described for the different membership levels, in these:Morbert said:Is this normal? Is it a gift?
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/easy-ways-you-can-support-physics-forums.813856/
Find in the first link, a part in the first posting about Miscelleneous/Gold Members...
The second link has a section, "Upgrade to Gold Membership".
Read and think and you could know why and how you are in the Gold Membership category.
post-add: I'm reviewing through those links right now, and I only find Gold Membership officially only lists monetary contributions. Some of us have given no monetary contributions of any sort but still have been given Gold Member status. The ways to get that was described a few years ago, but the exact details, I do not remember. All I best recall is that we need to do something nice or helpful in support of Physicsforums, and show or report this, and we're given Gold Membership. This did not require spending money. Might've been just a temporary thing.
Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,706
- 1,592
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/project-pf-proliferation-free-gold-membership.338366/
Describes how you can get a free gold upgrade.
Describes how you can get a free gold upgrade.
Similar threads
- Ravaner
- · Replies 6 ·
- Electrical Engineering
- Replies
- 6
- triden
- · Replies 19 ·
- General Engineering
- Replies
- 19
- eNathan
- · Replies 10 ·
- Computing and Technology
- Replies
- 10
- honestrosewater
- · Replies 20 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 20