I just got accepted into Engineering

  • Thread starter triden
  • Start date
  • #1
173
0

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am really excited right now. I just got into the Engineering Transfer program at my local university. Ill be taking the first 2 years of electrical engineering here and then transferring to UBC for the final 2. There is so much I want to learn about this field...basically a dream come true! It looks like a hefty load with 6 courses per semester and all, but I will sure give it my best. I'm sure ill have to visit here to ask questions once in a while :smile:

Chris
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
18,705
1,720
Congratulations! Are you just starting university?

We are pleased to answer any questions.

Best wishes!
 
  • #3
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,261
790
Yes, congratulations!

triden said:
Ill be taking the first 2 years of electrical engineering here and then transferring to UBC for the final 2.
Wow, I didn't know that Physics Forums offers the first two year of an electrical engineering programme. :biggrin:

There is so much I want to learn about this field...basically a dream come true!
It' really nice to see enthusiasm. Best of luck.
 
  • #4
Danger
Gold Member
9,607
244
Good on ya', mate. Best of luck.
 
  • #5
809
0
You're in for a treat. I'm doing third year EE "stuff" right now, and I love it. It's nice once you get the boring math out of the way, and can move onto some interesting material.
 
  • #6
berkeman
Mentor
56,650
6,551
Congratulations, triden! You're in for a fun ride, and a great career after that. :biggrin: Work hard, and you will be rewarded.
 
  • #7
173
0
It is not my first year of being in school, but after taking some sciences and other stuff I realized that I finally found my niche. Microcontrollers and all that stuff really fascinate me. I am a little worried about all the math (they say its a slammer), but I assume practise and studying will get pretty much anyone through it. Thanks for the kudo's guys.

Chris
 
  • #8
6
0
Great job. I'm going into third year and I really enjoy it too. UBC is a really good school. I was thinking about going there, but I ended up at Queen's.
 
  • #9
809
0
triden said:
It is not my first year of being in school, but after taking some sciences and other stuff I realized that I finally found my niche. Microcontrollers and all that stuff really fascinate me. I am a little worried about all the math (they say its a slammer), but I assume practise and studying will get pretty much anyone through it. Thanks for the kudo's guys.

Chris
Just get some good study habits and you'll be fine. Personally what I found best, is to treat school like a job. Try to put in a specific amount of time each and every day. If you get into the habit of learning things before the final you might do fine in the class, but you will screw yourself in the later courses because you will have to work extra hard to recall all the old material. Each class really does build off the other.
 
  • #10
loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
1,749
5
Hell yeah, triden! I considered going to UBC as well, but ended up not wanting to leave the country because of transfer issues. I hope you continue to love it.
 
  • #11
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
George Jones said:
Wow, I didn't know that Physics Forums offers the first two year of an electrical engineering programme. :biggrin:
You have much to learn about PF, George! :rolleyes: Did you know we also offer fish?

Congrats triden! Hope you enjoy your course.
 
  • #12
Evo
Mentor
23,112
2,463
Congrats Triden!!! Don't forget you have the homework help section here to help you through that math!!!

Oh, and be sure to pick up your free fish at the Welcome Tent!! :biggrin:
 
  • #13
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
51
FrogPad said:
Just get some good study habits and you'll be fine. Personally what I found best, is to treat school like a job. Try to put in a specific amount of time each and every day. If you get into the habit of learning things before the final you might do fine in the class, but you will screw yourself in the later courses because you will have to work extra hard to recall all the old material. Each class really does build off the other.
Excellent advice! That's the same advice I was given when I started college, and it served me well.

Congrats Triden!
 
  • #14
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
FrogPad said:
If you get into the habit of learning things before the final you might do fine in the class, but you will screw yourself in the later courses because you will have to work extra hard to recall all the old material.
That explains my lousy grades - I only seem to learn things after the final. The upside, as you point out, is that it's now easier for me to remember the stuff for the next course. :redface:

Heck, if only exams were about stuff you learned in the earlier course...
 
  • #15
George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,261
790
Gokul43201 said:
You have much to learn about PF, George! :rolleyes: Did you know we also offer fish?
Great!

I'll have a Babel, then.
 
  • #16
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,490
51
Gokul43201 said:
Heck, if only exams were about stuff you learned in the earlier course...
Right on! If I could have just waited until after I had my Ph.D. to take my undergrad exams, I'd have had a 4.0 gpa. :biggrin: :rofl:
 
  • #17
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
7,051
17
George Jones said:
I'll have a Babel, then.
Pardon, monsieur! Je ne parle pas Anglais! :redface:
 
  • #18
360
0
best of luck to you
 
  • #19
nazzard
Gold Member
100
0
Congratulations Chris!

I'd say print this thread. :wink: If you have to face some difficult situations during your studies it will be a valuable source for -> :smile:s and :biggrin:s

Regards,

nazzard
 
  • #20
Good luck with the EE degree :-)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulder's of giants" -- Isaac Newton

http://www.surgecurrent.com
 

Related Threads for: I just got accepted into Engineering

  • Last Post
2
Replies
37
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
19
Views
3K
  • Last Post
3
Replies
65
Views
5K
  • Last Post
2
Replies
27
Views
7K
  • Last Post
Replies
15
Views
2K
Replies
5
Views
1K
Replies
17
Views
4K
  • Last Post
Replies
17
Views
4K
Top