Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just got accepted into Engineering

1. Jul 13, 2006 #1
    I am really excited right now. I just got into the Engineering Transfer program at my local university. Ill be taking the first 2 years of electrical engineering here and then transferring to UBC for the final 2. There is so much I want to learn about this field...basically a dream come true! It looks like a hefty load with 6 courses per semester and all, but I will sure give it my best. I'm sure ill have to visit here to ask questions once in a while :smile:

Chris

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2006 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Congratulations! Are you just starting university?

We are pleased to answer any questions.

Best wishes!

4. Jul 13, 2006 #3

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, congratulations!

Wow, I didn't know that Physics Forums offers the first two year of an electrical engineering programme. :biggrin:

It' really nice to see enthusiasm. Best of luck.

5. Jul 13, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Good on ya', mate. Best of luck.

6. Jul 13, 2006 #5
    You're in for a treat. I'm doing third year EE "stuff" right now, and I love it. It's nice once you get the boring math out of the way, and can move onto some interesting material.

7. Jul 13, 2006 #6

berkeman

Congratulations, triden! You're in for a fun ride, and a great career after that. :biggrin: Work hard, and you will be rewarded.

8. Jul 13, 2006 #7
    It is not my first year of being in school, but after taking some sciences and other stuff I realized that I finally found my niche. Microcontrollers and all that stuff really fascinate me. I am a little worried about all the math (they say its a slammer), but I assume practise and studying will get pretty much anyone through it. Thanks for the kudo's guys.

Chris

9. Jul 13, 2006 #8
    Great job. I'm going into third year and I really enjoy it too. UBC is a really good school. I was thinking about going there, but I ended up at Queen's.

10. Jul 13, 2006 #9
    Just get some good study habits and you'll be fine. Personally what I found best, is to treat school like a job. Try to put in a specific amount of time each and every day. If you get into the habit of learning things before the final you might do fine in the class, but you will screw yourself in the later courses because you will have to work extra hard to recall all the old material. Each class really does build off the other.

11. Jul 13, 2006 #10

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Hell yeah, triden! I considered going to UBC as well, but ended up not wanting to leave the country because of transfer issues. I hope you continue to love it.

12. Jul 13, 2006 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You have much to learn about PF, George! :rolleyes: Did you know we also offer fish?

Congrats triden! Hope you enjoy your course.

13. Jul 13, 2006 #12

Evo

Congrats Triden!!! Don't forget you have the homework help section here to help you through that math!!!

Oh, and be sure to pick up your free fish at the Welcome Tent!! :biggrin:

14. Jul 13, 2006 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Excellent advice! That's the same advice I was given when I started college, and it served me well.

Congrats Triden!

15. Jul 13, 2006 #14

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That explains my lousy grades - I only seem to learn things after the final. The upside, as you point out, is that it's now easier for me to remember the stuff for the next course. :redface:

Heck, if only exams were about stuff you learned in the earlier course...

16. Jul 13, 2006 #15

George Jones

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Great!

I'll have a Babel, then.

17. Jul 13, 2006 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Right on! If I could have just waited until after I had my Ph.D. to take my undergrad exams, I'd have had a 4.0 gpa. :biggrin: :rofl:

18. Jul 14, 2006 #17

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Pardon, monsieur! Je ne parle pas Anglais! :redface:

19. Jul 14, 2006 #18
    best of luck to you

20. Jul 14, 2006 #19

nazzard

Gold Member

Congratulations Chris!

I'd say print this thread. :wink: If you have to face some difficult situations during your studies it will be a valuable source for -> :smile:s and :biggrin:s

Regards,

nazzard

21. Jul 27, 2006 #20
    Good luck with the EE degree :-)!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If I have seen further than others, it is by standing on the shoulder's of giants" -- Isaac Newton

http://www.surgecurrent.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?