I know that when you hyperventilate, the Pco2 in blood decreases

  • Thread starter Thread starter jnimagine
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Blood
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
jnimagine
Messages
176
Reaction score
0
I know that when you hyperventilate, the Pco2 in blood decreases... but is it the venous or arterial PCo2 that's decreasing?
Can someone please clarify this?
Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


jnimagine said:
I know that when you hyperventilate, the Pco2 in blood decreases... but is it the venous or arterial PCo2 that's decreasing?
Can someone please clarify this?
Thank you!

What are your thoughts?
 
Last edited:


berkeman said:
What are your thoughts?

I was initially thinking arterial CO2 because after you blow a lot of it out through hyperventilating, less CO2 would be left to go to the body... but I'm not exactly sure :S