I Know Why We Will Never Come Across A Wormhole

• Thread starter sudhirking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Wormhole
In summary, wormholes are a theoretical concept that suggest they exist and can be accessed, but it is difficult to visually represent them in a 4-dimensional universe. Some theories suggest they could exist within black holes, but it is unclear how they could be utilized for travel due to the extreme conditions at the event horizon. It is also unclear how massless particles, such as photons, could use wormholes to escape a black hole.
sudhirking
WORMHOLES EXIST AND DONT EXIST they exist and can be accessed, but the postulate and justification on a wormhole is in a 3-d visual. in a 4-d visual- which our universe is, the curvature of a single space-time object will have its own curvature spot. on a 4-d scale. i can't visually show it because i don't know how 4-d looks like and i don't think any1 knows soo please try to coop uo and understand this

Space news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. When you see a "picture" of a wormhole yes it's a 3-d representation, but anyone formulating theories about them knows it is scaled up a dimension. I'm not sure, but are you saying that because of this 3-d simplification, the 4-d analog is incorrect?

Hey guys, this is my first post so pls be kind, think I found a cosmology forum that isn't too littered with equations to put me off (any other good forums u suggest guys?)

As for Wormholes... I read they could potentially exist within a black hole somewhere away from the central singularity.

As for 4-d euclidean representation... how on Earth (haha) are we meant to visualize this... the human mindset is in 3d.

I can't see how an astronaut could "use" a wormhole to travel across spacetime, as they would be ripped to pieces at the event horizon right? Anything entering a black hole is just converted into mass and rotation of the hole itself?

I can only imagine massless particles using wormholes... and if light can't even escape the event horizon how could a photon "escape" the black hole by using a wormhole within it.

Pls explain :eek:)

1. What is a wormhole?

A wormhole is a theoretical concept in physics that suggests the existence of a tunnel through space-time that could potentially connect two distant points in the universe.

2. Why do scientists believe we will never come across a wormhole?

Scientists believe we will never come across a wormhole because there is currently no evidence or observations that support their existence. The concept of a wormhole is purely theoretical and has not been proven to exist in the physical world.

3. Can wormholes be created artificially?

There is currently no known technology or method for artificially creating a wormhole. The energy and resources required for such a feat would be beyond the capabilities of our current technology.

4. Do wormholes violate the laws of physics?

The concept of a wormhole does not necessarily violate the laws of physics, but it does challenge our current understanding of space and time. The existence of a wormhole would require the bending of space-time, which is not yet fully understood by scientists.

5. Could wormholes be used for time travel?

The idea of using wormholes for time travel is purely speculative and has not been proven to be possible. While some theories suggest that wormholes could potentially allow for time travel, there is currently no scientific evidence to support this idea.