I like 68, 69 but not 67, 64 i like 77

  • Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary: WOLRAM!In summary, Wolram has been rebuilding himself and is excited to move in to his new cot. He has one number that he dislikes and can't figure out why. He also enjoyed reading and has been doing some projects outside.
  • #1

wolram

Gold Member
Dearly Missed
4,446
558
I like 68, 69 but not 67, 64 i like 77 but not 76, not a maths thing just the look of the numbers, i like any single number with a zero in front, it may be a personality thing, is it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2
Wollie, you're back! Where have you been hiding away so long? People were concerned about you and your absence!
 
  • #3
Hi MoonB, i have been rebuilding myself, i am not sure if i have used the correct materials yet though, it is nice to learn that PFs is still warm :smile:
 
  • #4
WOLRAM!

Moonbear...GET THE NET!

MIH, man the bazookas, we can't let him get away!
 
  • #5
Evo said:
WOLRAM!

Moonbear...GET THE NET!

MIH, man the bazookas, we can't let him get away!

And to think i almost became a monk ,Hi Evo, i hope you are
catastrophicless :smile:
 
  • #6
wolram said:
And to think i almost became a monk ,Hi Evo, i hope you are
catastrophicless :smile:
No, it's even worse, prepare for me to move in. Is the chimney still haunted?
 
  • #7
Hey Wolram! Welcome home!

Let put the kettle on. Care for some scones and marmalade?

Or a pint or two? :tongue2: :biggrin:
 
  • #8
Evo said:
No, it's even worse, prepare for me to move in. Is the chimney still haunted?


The chimney will be rebuilt soon, that's the good bit, the bad bit is having builders messing everything up, they only have to weild a trowel and everywhere is an inch deep in brick dust, i hope everything is spick and span by the time you arrive :smile:
 
  • #9
Astronuc said:
Hey Wolram! Welcome home!

Let put the kettle on. Care for some scones and marmalade?

Or a pint or two? :tongue2: :biggrin:


Astro, you just have to taste my acorn coffee, it is far better than tea.
 
  • #10
wolram said:
The chimney will be rebuilt soon, that's the good bit, the bad bit is having builders messing everything up, they only have to weild a trowel and everywhere is an inch deep in brick dust, i hope everything is spick and span by the time you arrive :smile:
No worry, I like cleaning. :smile: Having some ghosts would be nice.
 
  • #11
Evo said:
No worry, I like cleaning. :smile: Having some ghosts would be nice.

I must set that camara up, the problem is i may forget it is there and that would be a horrifying sight for any viewers.
 
  • #12
wolram said:
Astro, you just have to taste my acorn coffee, it is far better than tea.
Thats a deal. I'll let you know the next time I'm in the neighborhood.

I was in Gloucester during the first week of this year. I am hoping to get to Manchester and points north later this year.
 
  • #13
Hi Wollie! I have missed you and thought about you often. I've been kinda sad because I haven't see you in a while. Hope all is good in Wolram land. How are things at the cot?
 
Last edited:
  • #14
Math Is Hard said:
Hi Wollie! I have missed you and thought about you often. I've been kinda sad because I haven't see you in a while. Hope all is good in Wolram land. How are things at the cot?


I missed you bells too :!) , even though the land is grey and wet the
cott seems brighter, even the bumps in the night feel friendly, and i will have my MB very soon, just in time to enjoy the up and comming glorious summer
:rofl:
 
  • #15
Welcome home Wolram! {fluffs up the chair} have a seat. Glad to hear all is well, and the rebuilding of things is nearly finnished. I too, am waiting for these gray days to end, and have started seedlings in my window, in hopes of sunshiney days. As I type this, another winer blast is starting, snow expected for the next 3 days:zzz: makes me want to curl up and sleep till its over.
I have only one number, 37 that I dislike. I can't even figure out why I dislike it.
 
  • #16
hypatia said:
Welcome home Wolram! {fluffs up the chair} have a seat. Glad to hear all is well, and the rebuilding of things is nearly finnished. I too, am waiting for these gray days to end, and have started seedlings in my window, in hopes of sunshiney days. As I type this, another winer blast is starting, snow expected for the next 3 days:zzz: makes me want to curl up and sleep till its over.
I have only one number, 37 that I dislike. I can't even figure out why I dislike it.

Thankyou Hypatia, at least these dark dank winters nights allow an excuse to read more, i have read the entire Sharp series and the Ramage series of books
along with some educational pdfs i down loaded, without tv it is struggle to keep a supply of reading material on hand.
I have set myself some projects outside, one is to build a large 8ft ish long raised trough for flowers, i may strike lucky and get a few to grow.
I wish i knew why 01,02,03 etc seem cool to me.
 
  • #17
I don't like 33 and 11 for some reason...
 
  • #18
Welcome back, wolram!
I have never liked 41.
 
  • #19
Great to see you back Wolly!

I'm sensing shades of Daniel Tammet in your opening post. He is quite an interesting fellow. Besides his feelings about certain numbers, he ascribes texture and colour to them. "Thirty-seven is lumpy like porridge, while eighty-nine reminds him of falling snow."

Wish you a belated https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=148367 [Broken]! I be sure to bring cake & ice cream next time :tongue:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

What does the statement "I like 68, 69 but not 67, 64 i like 77" mean?

The statement means that the person likes the numbers 68 and 69, but does not like the numbers 67 and 64. They also like the number 77.

Why do some people have preferences for certain numbers?

Some people may have preferences for certain numbers due to personal experiences or cultural beliefs. For example, some cultures may consider certain numbers to be lucky or unlucky.

What is the significance of the numbers mentioned in the statement?

The significance of the numbers mentioned in the statement is unclear without more context. They could hold personal meaning to the person, or they could simply be random numbers.

Is there any scientific research on number preferences?

Yes, there have been studies on number preferences and their psychological and cultural significance. However, the results are not conclusive and more research is needed in this area.

Can a person's number preferences change over time?

Yes, a person's number preferences can change over time. This could be due to personal experiences, cultural influences, or other factors. It is not uncommon for people to have changing preferences for numbers.

Suggested for: I like 68, 69 but not 67, 64 i like 77

Back
Top