Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I like 68, 69 but not 67, 64 i like 77

1. Feb 28, 2007 #1

wolram

Gold Member

I like 68, 69 but not 67, 64 i like 77 but not 76, not a maths thing just the look of the numbers, i like any single number with a zero in front, it may be a personality thing, is it?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2007 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wollie, you're back! Where have you been hiding away so long? People were concerned about you and your absence!

4. Feb 28, 2007 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Hi MoonB, i have been rebuilding myself, i am not sure if i have used the correct materials yet though, it is nice to learn that PFs is still warm :smile:

5. Feb 28, 2007 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

WOLRAM!!!!!

Moonbear...GET THE NET!!!!!

MIH, man the bazookas, we can't let him get away!!!!!!

6. Feb 28, 2007 #5

wolram

Gold Member

And to think i almost became a monk :surprised ,Hi Evo, i hope you are
    catastrophicless :smile:

7. Feb 28, 2007 #6

Evo

No, it's even worse, prepare for me to move in. Is the chimney still haunted?

8. Feb 28, 2007 #7

Astronuc

Hey Wolram! Welcome home!

Let put the kettle on. Care for some scones and marmalade?

Or a pint or two? :tongue2: :biggrin:

9. Feb 28, 2007 #8

wolram

Gold Member

The chimney will be rebuilt soon, thats the good bit, the bad bit is having builders messing everything up, they only have to weild a trowel and everywhere is an inch deep in brick dust, i hope everything is spick and span by the time you arrive :smile:

10. Feb 28, 2007 #9

wolram

Gold Member

Astro, you just have to taste my acorn coffee, it is far better than tea.

11. Feb 28, 2007 #10

Evo

No worry, I like cleaning. :smile: Having some ghosts would be nice.

12. Feb 28, 2007 #11

wolram

Gold Member

I must set that camara up, the problem is i may forget it is there and that would be a horrifying sight for any viewers.

13. Feb 28, 2007 #12

Astronuc

Thats a deal. I'll let you know the next time I'm in the neighborhood.

I was in Gloucester during the first week of this year. I am hoping to get to Manchester and points north later this year.

14. Feb 28, 2007 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Wollie! I have missed you and thought about you often. I've been kinda sad because I haven't see you in a while. Hope all is good in Wolram land. How are things at the cot?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  15. Feb 28, 2007 #14

wolram

Gold Member

I missed you bells too :!!) , even though the land is grey and wet the
    cott seems brighter, even the bumps in the night feel friendly, and i will have my MB very soon, just in time to enjoy the up and comming glorious summer
    :rofl:

16. Mar 1, 2007 #15
    Welcome home Wolram! {fluffs up the chair} have a seat. Glad to hear all is well, and the rebuilding of things is nearly finnished. I too, am waiting for these gray days to end, and have started seedlings in my window, in hopes of sunshiney days. As I type this, another winer blast is starting, snow expected for the next 3 days:zzz: makes me want to curl up and sleep till its over.
    I have only one number, 37 that I dislike. I can't even figure out why I dislike it.

17. Mar 1, 2007 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Thankyou Hypatia, at least these dark dank winters nights allow an excuse to read more, i have read the entire Sharp series and the Ramage series of books
    along with some educational pdfs i down loaded, without tv it is struggle to keep a supply of reading material on hand.
    I have set myself some projects outside, one is to build a large 8ft ish long raised trough for flowers, i may strike lucky and get a few to grow.
    I wish i knew why 01,02,03 etc seem cool to me.

18. Mar 1, 2007 #17
    I don't like 33 and 11 for some reason....

19. Mar 2, 2007 #18

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Welcome back, wolram!
    I have never liked 41.

20. Mar 8, 2007 #19

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Great to see you back Wolly!!

I'm sensing shades of Daniel Tammet in your opening post. He is quite an interesting fellow. Besides his feelings about certain numbers, he ascribes texture and colour to them. "Thirty-seven is lumpy like porridge, while eighty-nine reminds him of falling snow."

Wish you a belated Happy Birthday!! I be sure to bring cake & ice cream next time :tongue:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?