Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need a COMPLETE math tutorial

1. Jan 8, 2007 #1
    When I say complete, I mean all things 8th-12th grade level. I want to take a time out and do a through review and make up for things I missed by not listening in class (there are maaaany of them).

basic
    algebra
    geometry
    ...etc.

Preferably one that is clear and straight forward.

I am willing to pay if it really meets or surpasses my expectations.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2007 #2

ranger

Gold Member

Check out my website. It has tutorials/video lectures for all levels. Link in signature.

4. Jan 8, 2007 #3
    The library is a nerds best friend. The bookstore is the next best thing for a nerd with a big wallet. ;] Go there and get soem stuff. thats the best thing you can do to help yourself in my opinion

EDIT: (after clicking the link) WOW that sites on my favorites list now =]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  5. Jan 8, 2007 #4
    looks good. checking it out. :)

6. Jan 8, 2007 #5
    I am fairly confident that you will find everything you need in any college algebra textbook you pick up from www.amazon.com[/URL] . Although I haven't checked out Ranger's site yet, and will do so now :-).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  7. Jan 8, 2007 #6
    You can learn most of the very very elementary stuff over the net within the span of a few hours. The grade 8-9 curriculum here consists of the basic trigonometric ratios, pythagoras's theorem, and basic algebra with one variable.

PS - Thanks Ranger, I will be watching some of those video's :D.

8. Jan 8, 2007 #7
    I'd say if you want to geniunely catch up on those 5 years of maths than just go and borrow 5 textbooks one for each year level and do as many problems in them as possible. Although if it's too easy don't bother. There is no shortcut with learning - at least what I have found.

After that or in conjuction do as many junior maths competition problems as possible. They are a very good indication of whether you know your stuff or not.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  9. Jan 13, 2007 #8
    You might want to also check out http://bymath.com/. What this guy did was essentially translate two basic Russian math textbooks.

10. Jan 13, 2007 #9
    Grab a good precalculus textbook and a geometry text.

11. Jan 13, 2007 #10
    ranger, most of the links you provided don't seem to work...

12. Jan 13, 2007 #11

ranger

Gold Member

Could you perhaps send me the ones that dont work in a PM or email? And I'll see if I an find an alternate source. They were all working at the time of posting. AFAIK, about 90% of the links are currently working [from random clicking].

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook