I need a COMPLETE math tutorial

In summary, Ranger recommends that people catch up on their math by doing a few things: doing problems in a textbook, doing problems in a math competition, and checking out websites like ByMath.com.
linux kid
When I say complete, I mean all things 8th-12th grade level. I want to take a time out and do a through review and make up for things I missed by not listening in class (there are maaaany of them).

basic
algebra
geometry
...etc.

Preferably one that is clear and straight forward.

I am willing to pay if it really meets or surpasses my expectations.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Check out my website. It has tutorials/video lectures for all levels. Link in signature.

The library is a nerds best friend. The bookstore is the next best thing for a nerd with a big wallet. ;] Go there and get soem stuff. that's the best thing you can do to help yourself in my opinion

EDIT: (after clicking the link) WOW that sites on my favorites list now =]

Last edited:
ranger said:
Check out my website. It has tutorials/video lectures for all levels. Link in signature.

looks good. checking it out. :)

I am fairly confident that you will find everything you need in any college algebra textbook you pick up from www.amazon.com[/URL] . Although I haven't checked out Ranger's site yet, and will do so now :-).

Last edited by a moderator:
You can learn most of the very very elementary stuff over the net within the span of a few hours. The grade 8-9 curriculum here consists of the basic trigonometric ratios, pythagoras's theorem, and basic algebra with one variable.

PS - Thanks Ranger, I will be watching some of those video's :D.

I'd say if you want to geniunely catch up on those 5 years of maths than just go and borrow 5 textbooks one for each year level and do as many problems in them as possible. Although if it's too easy don't bother. There is no shortcut with learning - at least what I have found.

After that or in conjuction do as many junior maths competition problems as possible. They are a very good indication of whether you know your stuff or not.

Last edited:
You might want to also check out http://bymath.com/. What this guy did was essentially translate two basic Russian math textbooks.

Grab a good precalculus textbook and a geometry text.

ranger said:

ranger, most of the links you provided don't seem to work...

Could you perhaps send me the ones that don't work in a PM or email? And I'll see if I an find an alternate source. They were all working at the time of posting. AFAIK, about 90% of the links are currently working [from random clicking].

Last edited:

1. What topics are covered in the math tutorial?

The math tutorial covers a wide range of topics, including basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.

2. Is the tutorial suitable for all levels of math proficiency?

Yes, the tutorial is designed to be accessible for students of all levels, from beginners to advanced learners.

3. Are there any interactive elements in the tutorial?

Yes, the tutorial includes interactive exercises and quizzes to help reinforce and test your understanding of the material.

4. Can I access the tutorial on any device?

Yes, the tutorial is web-based and can be accessed on any device with an internet connection, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.

5. How long does the tutorial take to complete?

The length of the tutorial will vary depending on your pace and proficiency level. On average, it can take anywhere from 10-30 hours to complete.