I need help to fix a Quantum Espresso installation error in Linux

• Thread starter ramana3797
  • Start date
ramana3797
TL;DR Summary
i keep getting the same error on installation, can someone help me
I'm a M.Sc physics student and I need to use quantum espresso for my research project . I tried the same procedure I used to install it on the system at home as I did for the one at the College but i keep getting the same error . I can't find why . I'm also new to linux .
I'm using ubuntu and I have installed the other libraries. it shows that configure is successful but the make all command shows error.
i attached the terminal content in a text file. it would be really helpful if you could give some suggestions

Attachments

• error.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 31

Answers and Replies

Wrichik Basu
Insights Author
Gold Member
2022 Award
I don't have any experience with the software you are installing, but it could help others (who know about this software) understand the issue better if you provided the following:
  1. What is the error you are getting?
  2. What is the "procedure"? You should mention the steps you followed for installation.
  3. Which "other libraries" are you referring to? Why do you think they might be related to this software and hampering the installation?
  4. Please put the contents of the text file directly in the post. You can paste the contents within [CODE] ... [/CODE] tags (without the dots in the middle).

vela
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Summary: i keep getting the same error on installation, can someone help me

I'm a M.Sc physics student and I need to use quantum espresso for my research project . I tried the same procedure I used to install it on the system at home as I did for the one at the College but i keep getting the same error . I can't find why . I'm also new to linux .
I'm using ubuntu and I have installed the other libraries. it shows that configure is successful but the make all command shows error.
i attached the terminal content in a text file. it would be really helpful if you could give some suggestions
It looks like a bug in the script is mangling the directory name, changing "Quantum Espresso" to " Espresso". Try removing the space from the name of the directory to work around it.

Likes berkeman and ramana3797
ramana3797
I don't have any experience with the software you are installing, but it could help others (who know about this software) understand the issue better if you provided the following:
  1. What is the error you are getting?
  2. What is the "procedure"? You should mention the steps you followed for installation.
  3. Which "other libraries" are you referring to? Why do you think they might be related to this software and hampering the installation?
  4. Please put the contents of the text file directly in the post. You can paste the contents within [CODE] ... [/CODE] tags (without the dots in the middle).
thanks for your suggestion. I will keep it in mind for future use.

ramana3797
It looks like a bug in the script is mangling the directory name, changing "Quantum Espresso" to " Espresso". Try removing the space from the name of the directory to work around it.
thank you for your help. I tried removing the space and that solved the error.

Likes berkeman and Wrichik Basu

Suggested for: I need help to fix a Quantum Espresso installation error in Linux

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies