1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need ideas about a case study report.

1. Nov 13, 2012 #1
    Hi! Need ideas for case study about electromagnetic waves

I've been having trouble of finding a case study for electromagnetic waves. Can you please give me neat ideas?

I'm having interest on lasers now so I would want to focus on monochromatic lights but can't think of a new problem to be newly solved and my other problem is that it should not be deeply relate (my case study) to quantum physics although i still can; in other words i want to relate laser case study in terms of electromagnetic waves. haven't had any reading sessions in physics yet so i still dont know this stuff, im very busy working on maths. my professor said we have to give the case study title this friday.

need help. any suggestions will do (about e-mag waves) thanks so much.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 28, 2012 #2
    Hi i need some striking suggestions about electromagnetic induction or electromagnetic waves. so i first thought about rail guns but i cant actually make a prototype and what do i want to know about that anyway? I really need some ideas? Thanks alot.

4. Nov 28, 2012 #3
    Hi i need some striking suggestions about electromagnetic induction or electromagnetic waves. so i first thought about rail guns but i cant actually make a prototype and what do i want to know about that anyway? I really need some ideas? Thanks alot.

5. Nov 28, 2012 #4

Bobbywhy

Gold Member

elishamei9000, What does "striking suggestions" mean? Will you please explain clearly what is your question?
    A quick Google search on your terms shows:

“Electromagnetic induction is the production of an electric current across a conductor moving through a magnetic field. It underlies the operation of generators, transformers, induction motors, electric motors, synchronous motors, and solenoids.”
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_induction

“Light, microwaves, x-rays, and TV and radio transmissions are all kinds of electromagnetic waves.”
    http://www.colorado.edu/physics/2000/waves_particles/index.html [Broken]

But you don't need someone here on PF to do Google searches for you, right? What exactly are you asking for?

Cheers,
    Bobbywhy

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  6. Nov 28, 2012 #5
    suggestions about what would people would want to know more about electromagnetic induction or waves or like an application say a rail gun but that's impossible for me. im still reviewing about electromagnetic induction almost done but still can think of what applications could i possibly present of course an original application so that is why i need suggestions..

7. Nov 28, 2012 #6

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

What's wrong with a normal transformer or antenna? Do you just want it to be "flashy"?

8. Nov 28, 2012 #7
    so what could be "new" there? im still understanding electromagnetic induction but hasnt gone through transformers yet. :(

9. Nov 28, 2012 #8

Drakkith

I don't understand what you want. If you haven't gone through transformers yet why do you want to know about things that are much more complicated?

10. Nov 28, 2012 #9
    in my study i want to have a new breakthrough about electromagnetic induction. a new idea or new methods that is not known or not famously known. im in fact cramming about this my due date is tomorrow to pass a topic, been doing so many stuff that i only had this day to study the whole electromagnetic induction so i really need some help.

11. Nov 28, 2012 #10

Drakkith

Your goal is not a realistic one. You MUST learn the basic rules of induction and how they apply to the basic components of a circuit before you can even hope to have some sort of breakthrough. After all, how can you know you've had a breakthrough if you don't understand how induction works in the first place?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook