I need one ansewer to finish a prize crossword

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 5K views
wolram said:
I have one more, Ram has ruined religious retreat, 6 letters.
I lied, One company after another takes on protective cover. 6 letters.
I found yet another, Early chopper that will be replaced eventually, two words, 4 and 5.
<<1. ashram, 2. hmmm...fire something ? or maybe something knife ? [/color]>>
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Gokul43201 said:
<<1. ashram, 2. hmmm...fire something ? or maybe something knife ? [/color]>>

No 2, i made some mistakes and i am not sure if this is correct but i think, the second letter is E the forth O and the last N
 
For the last letter, n, to be correct the ansewer to, christmass treats? found in a thousand pieces, must be mince pies.
 
wolram said:
No 2, i made some mistakes and i am not sure if this is correct but i think, the second letter is E the forth O and the last N

_ E _ O , _ _ _ _ N - are you sure about the "O" ? Not too many words end with it and none that come to mind (memo, demo, redo, veto, zero, hero) seem to fit.
 
Gokul43201 said:
_ E _ O , _ _ _ _ N - are you sure about the "O" ? Not too many words end with it and none that come to mind (memo, demo, redo, veto, zero, hero) seem to fit.
End with, O, ? The clue is -E -O -N.
 
tribdog said:
Baby Tooth
For the choppers one
Nice ! I wonder if it's "milk tooth" for the Brits.

I still don't get the E, O N positions though. :confused:
 
you do know that he gave three clues right? the EON are for clue number two, the baby tooth is the third clue.
 
wolram said:
Yep, i missed a couple of posts, it is jhes that has a fantastic brain, i do not know what made me come to my first conclusion, fantastic avatar though :smile:

Ahh, you're too kind.

Now how did you say you frame posts again?

:biggrin:
 
tribdog said:
you do know that he gave three clues right? the EON are for clue number two, the baby tooth is the third clue.
I completely missed the second one.
No wonder !

Edit : This one is 'cocoon' - the E must be wrong. Woolie : What's the clue for the "E-word" ?
 
Last edited: