Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want some help with an electrolysis epilator

1. Oct 23, 2015 #1
    I bought this cheap 240V AC powered galvanic electrolysis epilator. The ideal is that we can user a small amount of current, delivered with a thin needle, to destroy the hair follicle and achieve hair removal. This machine has a potentiometer installed that you can use to control the intensity of the current. The problem is that that current is a bit too high even at the lowest setting. The dial shows 0.5mA. I would like the amperage to be around 0.1mA to 0.4mA. Considering that I know nothing about electrical engineering and I do not want to mess with the circuit, is there any other simple way to decrease the amperage (maybe by increasing the resistance of the wire or my body somehow)?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Does that company make different models? I'd try to find a different off-the shelf (and safety approved) model.that does what you want.

4. Oct 24, 2015 #3
    Unfortunately no, it doesn't sell. Well, I knew that solution already anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook