I want some help with an electrolysis epilator

In summary, the conversation discussed a cheap 240V AC powered electrolysis epilator that has a potentiometer to control the current intensity. However, even at the lowest setting, the current is too high at 0.5mA and the person would like it to be between 0.1mA to 0.4mA. They are looking for a simple way to decrease the amperage without messing with the circuit, possibly by increasing the resistance of the wire or their body. The suggestion was made to look for a different model, but unfortunately, the company does not offer any other models.
mikux
I bought this cheap 240V AC powered galvanic electrolysis epilator. The ideal is that we can user a small amount of current, delivered with a thin needle, to destroy the hair follicle and achieve hair removal. This machine has a potentiometer installed that you can use to control the intensity of the current. The problem is that that current is a bit too high even at the lowest setting. The dial shows 0.5mA. I would like the amperage to be around 0.1mA to 0.4mA. Considering that I know nothing about electrical engineering and I do not want to mess with the circuit, is there any other simple way to decrease the amperage (maybe by increasing the resistance of the wire or my body somehow)?

Engineering news on Phys.org
mikux said:
I bought this cheap 240V AC powered galvanic electrolysis epilator. The ideal is that we can user a small amount of current, delivered with a thin needle, to destroy the hair follicle and achieve hair removal. This machine has a potentiometer installed that you can use to control the intensity of the current. The problem is that that current is a bit too high even at the lowest setting. The dial shows 0.5mA. I would like the amperage to be around 0.1mA to 0.4mA. Considering that I know nothing about electrical engineering and I do not want to mess with the circuit, is there any other simple way to decrease the amperage (maybe by increasing the resistance of the wire or my body somehow)?

Welcome to the PF.

Does that company make different models? I'd try to find a different off-the shelf (and safety approved) model.that does what you want.

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

Does that company make different models? I'd try to find a different off-the shelf (and safety approved) model.that does what you want.
Unfortunately no, it doesn't sell. Well, I knew that solution already anyway.

What is an electrolysis epilator?

An electrolysis epilator is a hair removal device that uses electrical current to permanently remove hair from the body. It works by destroying the hair follicle, preventing future hair growth.

How does an electrolysis epilator work?

An electrolysis epilator works by inserting a tiny needle into the hair follicle and delivering a small electrical current to destroy the follicle. This process is repeated for each individual hair, gradually reducing hair growth over time.

Is an electrolysis epilator painful?

The level of pain experienced with an electrolysis epilator can vary from person to person. Some may feel a slight discomfort, while others may experience more intense pain. However, most people find that the pain lessens with each session as hair growth is reduced.

How long does it take to see results from an electrolysis epilator?

The time it takes to see results from an electrolysis epilator can vary depending on the individual's hair growth and the area being treated. Generally, it can take several months or even a year to see significant results.

Are there any risks or side effects associated with using an electrolysis epilator?

Some potential risks and side effects of using an electrolysis epilator include redness, swelling, and scarring in the treated area. It is important to follow proper aftercare instructions to minimize these risks. Consult a professional before using an electrolysis epilator to ensure it is safe for your skin and hair type.

Back