*I want to build my first robot - Got a few questions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter nukeman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Build Robot
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
nukeman
Messages
651
Reaction score
0
Hey everyone,

Well, I want to build my first robot, and for learning reasons I thought I would pick up a robot kit. Is that a good idea?

Any tips for someone who wants to build their first robot, and get there feet wet? I have NO experience building robots, but its always been a passion.

Is this a good one/type to start with?

http://www.robotshop.ca/jcm-samri-sumo-robot-kit.html


Any tips would be fantastic?

Thanks all
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
looks like a good start. Life is somewhat a trial and error so try it .
 
I can recommend getting experience with a Lego Mindstorm set, which, last time I looked, has a large community and is often used in robotics introductory courses.
 
Hi nukeman..
Well, I have some hands on experience in robotics. Well If you want to build a combat robot then visit www.teammass5.tk It has some basics and I hope It'll be useful.
Best Luck!
 
hi.. well this is my first time i am doing a robot for my final year project .. i am making a prosthetic arm, controlled by the brain using myoelectric sensors. it is very exciting project.