I want to know many things and be an integral intellectual

Hi there forum,
I'm an enlightenment-crazy person and physics student in his early 20s and I want to have learnt many things by the end of this decade. One of the things I want to do is to achieve a really good understanding of how reality works in a physical sense. I also want to learn how to compose music, paint, understand ancient and modern thinkers and how society and economy work. I think anyone can be a polymath with some motivation.
Anyone with a similar central goal is free to contact me.

Enlightenment: European intellectual movement of the late 17th and 18th centuries emphasizing reason and individualism.

NascentOxygen

Mentor
Hi IntegralBeing. :welcome:

There's a lot to be said for aiming high. But keep some time for Maths & Physics, too!

Hé IntegralBeing, welcome to the Physics Forums!

Interesting to read that you want to understand how reality works. I too am interested in reality but am still unable to define what reality exactly is. Sometimes I jokingly tell people that I have the idea that two realities are fused into one reality.

Good luck!

Hé IntegralBeing, welcome to the Physics Forums!

Interesting to read that you want to understand how reality works. I too am interested in reality but am still unable to define what reality exactly is. Sometimes I jokingly tell people that I have the idea that two realities are fused into one reality.

Good luck!
For me reality in a physical sense is about what experiments tell us, it has more to do with the "external world where the other people are at". But reality itself wow that really is a mistery; I have thought a lot about that. It is so complicated I would say going through the riddles of existence is maybe the most confusing and difficult journey of all. Consciousness for example..
I would say reality is what indeed "is".
The only fact I'm sure of is that "some flux of information is occurring", because even if I didn't exist at all, this information is going through something someway. That's all I know, but from that I can tell that "something is indeed happening".

berkeman

Mentor
Just two quick reminders -- the New Member Introduction forum is for just that, not really for discussions. And second, we do not allow philosophy discussions at the PF. :smile: