1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to know what are the differences between BSc( bachelor's of

1. Jul 10, 2011 #1
    i want to know what are the differences between BSc( bachelor's of science), BTech( bachelor's of technology) and BEng(bachelor's of Engineering)..? this thing is disturbing me alot.. please help. and which one is the best?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2011 #2
    Re: bachelor's

For a BSc you're studying science, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology (Science perspective), Math (BA at some schools), etc. etc.

BTech you're studying pretty much the same as a BSc program but with a more applied approach to things so that you're more career and work-force prepared rather than just pure knowledge based.

BEng you're studying engineering of course, so: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc. etc.

If you want to know specifics just look at the schools you're interested in and see what they offer.

4. Jul 11, 2011 #3

is this the way all universities term it or it is a world wide stuff??

5. Jul 11, 2011 #4

I have no idea, where are you from? What Universities are you applying to?

6. Jul 11, 2011 #5

cjl

At most schools I am aware of, the engineering degrees are BS (bachelor of science), rather than some kind of separate BEng. I'm not really sure what the difference would be though.

7. Jul 12, 2011 #6

i think there are differences but i don't really know.. so help me out..

8. Jul 12, 2011 #7

Ok well since I have no idea what Universities you're applying to in what countries I can't really answer the question for you since you haven't told me.

Look at the webpages for the universities you're interested in. I'm sure they have the information there somewhere.

9. Jul 12, 2011 #8

I am tudying at a french ystem (Université Hassan Premier in Morocco). the programme i am doing is called "LICENCE SCIENCE ET TECHNIQUE EN GENIE ELECTRIQUE).

10. Jul 12, 2011 #9

It's hard to find any concrete information about the Morocco education system. From what I can tell it's very unique and they have their own system specific to what you're studying (based on what faculty you're studying in). It's equivalence to global degree programs (i.e. a Bachelor of Science from North America or a Bachelor of Engineering) will depend on the types of courses you take. If you receive a BTech from your school it might be equivalent to a BSc from a north american school. I can only assume that it's equivalence will be based on what your transcript says.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook