I want to make friend with who love physics

In summary: I don't think I'll be going back.In summary, Đăng is from Vietnam and wants to make friends with people who love physics. He is ambitious to make physics close to everybody and find the key to the universe. However, most people in the world think studying physics is nerdy and stupid, and he has had difficulty finding friends to discuss the subject with.
kieutridang
My name is Đăng and I come from Vietnam and I have some ideas. In my country, people always caring about money and considering physics like rubish, I can't find a friend to study and talk about it so with my emphasis on physics, I want to make friend with everyone who love physics, be a physicist or going to become a physicist. My ambition is to make physics close to everybody and find the key of universe. I know someone think about me like an idiot but in my opinion that physics is the key to the future for our world.

(personal email removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, kieutridang:
just to inform you:
MOST people in the world thinks studying physics is nerdy and stupid, not just in Vietnam.
that's the way of the world.
Once you get to study it, you will meet many friends also in your country, and you are welcome to stay out here at PF and participate in discussions. That is the best way to get internet friends, by gradually showing your qualities by being an active member.

Hi kieutridang, welcome to PF!

I removed your email address, we don't allow them in posts. However you are welcome to use Private Messages if you want to exchange personal information.

It may be hard to find people who love physics nearby, but this forum is full of them :smile:!

If you want to talk about physics, be sure to come in our chat room. It's open every sunday!

micromass said:
If you want to talk about physics, be sure to come in our chat room. It's open every sunday!

Except it always ends up being topology talks =p.

Thank you all of you
Sorry about the Unconvenience
By the way, you talked about the chat room in every sunday, I heard about it but can't find it whether you give the specify link,please

There will be a notice in feedback when the chat is open.

I was ran out of chat with pitchforks and torches for bringing up science.

Pythagorean said:
I was ran out of chat with pitchforks and torches for bringing up science.
Chat is for socializing, there is a dungeon for science chat, but no one goes in there.

Evo said:
Chat is for socializing, there is a dungeon for science chat, but no one goes in there.

I tried once.
It was cold and dreary there..

1. What are the benefits of befriending someone who loves physics?

Befriending someone who loves physics can be extremely beneficial. They can offer unique perspectives and insights into the world around us. They can also help expand your knowledge and understanding of complex scientific concepts. Additionally, having a friend who shares your passion for physics can be a great source of motivation and inspiration.

2. How can I find other people who share my love for physics?

There are several ways to find like-minded individuals who love physics. You can join online communities or forums, attend physics-related events or workshops, or join a physics club at your school or university. Additionally, reaching out to friends or acquaintances who are also interested in physics can lead to meeting others who share your passion.

3. What are some fun activities I can do with my friend who loves physics?

There are endless possibilities for fun activities to do with a friend who loves physics. You could attend a physics-related event or lecture together, conduct experiments, or even just have discussions about interesting scientific topics. You could also watch science documentaries or movies, or play physics-based games. The key is to find activities that both of you enjoy and can learn from.

4. How can I deepen my friendship with someone who loves physics?

The best way to deepen any friendship is through open communication and shared experiences. Make time to have meaningful conversations about physics, share your thoughts and ideas, and listen to your friend's perspectives. You could also collaborate on a physics project or experiment together. Remember to be supportive, encouraging, and respectful of each other's opinions and abilities.

5. Can I still be friends with someone who loves physics if I don't understand the subject?

Absolutely! Friendship is not based on shared interests or knowledge, but on mutual respect, trust, and support. Your friend may be able to help you understand certain concepts, but even if you don't fully grasp them, you can still appreciate their love for the subject and have meaningful conversations about it. Your friend's passion for physics can also inspire you to learn more about the subject and potentially develop an interest in it yourself.