1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to start researching in physics

  1. Apr 14, 2007 #1


    User Avatar

    i want to start researching in physics but i dont know how .
    i need a giude line .
    so plz help me
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2007 #2
    Can you give some background information? Are you an undergraduate? what kind of physics research do you want to do?
  4. Apr 14, 2007 #3
    If you're an undergraduate, you can get involved in some physics research right away. Just email a professor who knows you well (preferably one in whose class you got an A or high B), and ask if he has any projects you can work on. There are even a couple programs whereby the university can pay you for your work. My school had a program called UROP for students who were doing projects during the school year. Most schools also have a program called REU for doing summer research.

    If you're almost out of college, then you might consider applying to grad school, but that's a whole other story.
  5. Apr 14, 2007 #4
    Judging from the tone of the post... I'd say he's still in high school

    one option is build a Cloud Chamber if you can, and record what you see, and try the experiment again through different times of the day and compare results and write an analysis and thesis to explain it. takes resources like pure alcohol and dry ice though. you are probably going to want something that takes no supplies
  6. Apr 23, 2007 #5
    nobody else has any suggestions?

    personally I think this is an interesting question. is there any way that a normal student can do research?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook