Ideas for a physics related programming exercise

Or a simple game that demonstrates the concept of projectile motion? There are many possibilities for combining physics and programming, so it's important to choose a topic that genuinely interests you and aligns with your current level of programming knowledge. In summary, for a relatively simple program for a programming exercise with a scope of 5 ECTS credits, it would be beneficial to choose a topic that combines physics and programming and aligns with the student's interests and current level of programming knowledge. Some suggestions include a graphical simulator of the solar system, interactive diagrams of RLC circuits, or a program demonstrating the concept of projectile motion. Other possibilities include a magnetic or electric field simulator/calculator or a program showcasing special relativity. Ultimately, the key is to find a
psid
I'm a physics student and need to come up with an idea for a relatively simple program for a programming exercise. The scope of the work is 5 ECTS credits which translates to about three weeks full time work. The program should probably include a simple gui so part of the effort goes into implementing this.

For the guts of the program I was thinking of something physics related but need some advice so as not to pick a project that's too overwhelming. So what could be an interesting topic for a beginner for this kind of work, any ideas? I know the basics of programming.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Some kind of graphical simulator seems like an obvious choice - you could do a computer model of the solar system. or interactive diagrams of RLC circuits. Or something to show how spacetime transforms from one reference frame to another in special relativity (I always thought that would be interesting but I never got around to it). The possibilities are endless.

What kind of physics interests you?

You could do something like a magnetic or electric field simulator/calculator with visualizations?

1. What is the purpose of a physics related programming exercise?

The purpose of a physics related programming exercise is to integrate the principles of physics into a computer programming setting. This allows individuals to apply their knowledge of physics concepts to solve problems and create simulations using code.

2. What are some examples of physics related programming exercises?

Some examples of physics related programming exercises include creating a simulation of projectile motion, simulating the motion of objects in a gravitational field, or building a program to calculate the forces acting on an object.

3. What are the benefits of completing a physics related programming exercise?

Completing a physics related programming exercise can help improve problem-solving skills, enhance understanding of physics concepts, and develop proficiency in programming languages. It also allows individuals to see real-world applications of physics principles.

4. Do I need to have a background in physics to complete a physics related programming exercise?

While having a basic understanding of physics concepts can be helpful, it is not necessary to have a background in physics to complete a physics related programming exercise. With some research and guidance, anyone with programming knowledge can successfully complete these exercises.

5. How can I get started with a physics related programming exercise?

To get started with a physics related programming exercise, you can begin by identifying a specific physics concept or problem you are interested in. Then, research and gather resources, such as textbooks or online tutorials, to learn more about the concept. Finally, use your programming skills to create a solution or simulation of the problem.