IE and Sony Vegas Programming languages

In summary, Windows 7 is written in C, C++, and C#. Internet Explorer is written in C++, and Sony Vegas is written in Visual C. The language for Photoshop could not be found. Other possible options for programs to research include asking on Sony Creative Software forums or picking another program.
Darth Frodo
So I have been tasked with picking an operating system (windows 7) and finding out what language it's written in. (C C++ C#)

Now I also have to pick 3 user applications that Windows 7 supports and find out what language they're written in.

I have chosen Internet Explorer, Photoshop and Sony Vegas.

Internet Explorer :
Photoshop: C++
Sony Vegas:

I cannot find anything for the languages for the other 2. If anyone would be so kind as to link me to an information page.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
WOW! Thanks troll that is an EXTREMELY useful link

Darth I had another google for sony vegas this morning and couldn't find anything, you could try asking on the sony creative software forums: http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/forums/default.asp , but I've never used them so I don't know how helpful they are.

Or pick another program?

Visual C is the programming language used to develop Vegas, and, regrettably, there have been many versions of it over time. As I recall Vegas uses Ver. 5 but the current version is up to something like 8 or maybe even 10.

Found this from http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/archive/index.php/t-203066.html but there is quite some waffle to go through and i have no idea how reliable it is.

1. What is the difference between IE and Sony Vegas programming languages?

The main difference between IE (Internet Explorer) and Sony Vegas programming languages is that IE uses a scripting language called VBScript, while Sony Vegas uses a programming language called C++. VBScript is a simpler language, primarily used for automating tasks on websites, while C++ is a more complex language used for creating software and applications.

2. Can I use the same code for both IE and Sony Vegas?

No, you cannot use the same code for both IE and Sony Vegas. As mentioned before, they use different programming languages, so the code would be written differently. However, some basic programming concepts may be similar and transferable between the two languages.

3. Is it difficult to learn IE and Sony Vegas programming languages?

It depends on your current knowledge and experience with programming. Both languages have their own syntax and rules, so it may take some time to learn and become proficient in either one. However, with dedication and practice, anyone can learn these languages.

4. What are some common uses for IE and Sony Vegas programming languages?

IE is primarily used for automating tasks on websites, such as form validation and data manipulation. Sony Vegas, on the other hand, is used for creating video and audio editing software and applications. Both languages have a wide range of uses and applications, and can also be used for creating plugins and extensions.

5. Are there any resources available for learning IE and Sony Vegas programming languages?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning both IE and Sony Vegas programming languages. Some popular resources include tutorials, forums, and documentation from Microsoft and Sony. Additionally, there are many books and online courses that can help beginners learn these languages.