1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If i wana work with nanothechnology what career to choose?

1. Sep 15, 2010 #1
    Here in my country i was thinking in ME, EE or chemistry.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2010 #2
    Hey, sorry, but you just have to decide on something! You keep on making these threads and I guess it's fine in a way, since someone else can benefit from that, as well, but didn't you state in one recent thread you had (finally) decided on Chemistry? And though it's only a quote from the Sopranos, "more is lost by indecision than a bad decision", especially if you consider the fact that people keep on telling you there is no bad decision for you to make at this point, at least not as far as your concerns are, well, concerned.
  4. Sep 15, 2010 #3
    Wow men im kinda crazy. To much indecision.

For this same reason maybe i go for chemistry, there you have many many fields to work with it.

I just dont wana end doing a boring job
  5. Sep 15, 2010 #4
    The choice you are now going to make is not going to define your whole life. You can still switch majors if you happen to see something draws more interest than the other, but jobs will be good and bad in any profession. Sure, you can look for which profession has the best "median" or "average" job, but if you don't choose based on what you actually like most, then your chances of getting a job that is above that average will be smaller and the job itself could therefore be worse even if the whole profession's average is higher than the other one's which you chose to forego just because you figured jobs there suck more in general.
  6. Sep 18, 2010 #5
    I wana make my decision based on my interest of what i would love to do.

Ive readed electromagnetsim and i like it.

But looks like chemistry books are better made or i dont know what, but i find them more interesting than physics books.
  7. Sep 18, 2010 #6
    I already started with Electrical Engineering looks like in 1 year i can change my career.
  8. Sep 18, 2010 #7
    The thing is that i really wana help society.

Based on this

EE or chemistry?
  9. Sep 19, 2010 #8

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2017 Award

Yes, and people should follow that thread https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=426579".
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook