If you had superpowers what would they be?

• Thread starter X-43D
  • Start date
In summary: I'm not talking about The Matrix. In summary, the conversation is about discussing the best superpowers and their potential uses. Some suggestions include invulnerability, intangibility, super-strength, flight, superhuman intelligence, teleportation, shape-shifting, and the ability to manipulate thoughts and time. One person suggests the ability to control money, while another mentions the idea of being able to control the universe as a dream. The conversation also touches on the topic of the limitations of superpowers and the concept of reality.
Physics news on Phys.org
Does 'charming the pants off girls' not count? :confused:

- Warren

Easy, Superhuman Intelligence, although it is not mentioned. It would crush everyone :biggrin:

i'd love to have superman's. Can't beat that :biggrin:

chroot said:
Does 'charming the pants off girls' not count? :confused:

- Warren

Of course it counts. Everything counts.

Last edited:
brute strength, super speed, invisibility, flight, shape shifting, energy beams,
aaaaaaaaaaa i can keep thinkin the whole night, there r so many i want

Moridin said:
Easy, Superhuman Intelligence, although it is not mentioned. It would crush everyone :biggrin:

what exactly a intelligent superhuman do?

The ability to make any arbitrary individual within a 20 foot radius think that he or she owns me money from that one time that one day.

Is getting to choose your superpowers a superpower?

Moridin said:

It was mentioned.

I do alright as is.

I do alright as is.
You are superhumanly human!

Personally, i'd love teleportation. At least I could wake up from bed at the last possible instant and still get to college on time.

I'd have "generic superpower" that can do anything. :D

I think shape shifting is the coolest. Especially if there are little to no limitations. You could look like other people.. .or animals... really small things that fit in people's pockets. All sorts of coolnesses.

The ability to generate any amount of money in any denomination in any currency at any time.

I'd like to be able to see through womens clothes. Sometimes. :biggrin: o:)

Actually, I'm kidding. Hell, I wouldn't like to have this super power. Things wouldn't be fun.

ank_gl said:
what exactly a intelligent superhuman do?

Not really sure. Get to speak at some conventions I guess.

Moridin said:
Not really sure. Get to speak at some conventions I guess.

Or commit suicide.

radou said:
Or commit suicide.

Or find elaborate ways to manipulate the masses and construct a massive army of loyal people to storm all nations and take over the world. No one could overturn me, because I would be very intelligent, performing calculations all the time, estimating probability and being able to evade attackers. The ground will be drowned in human worship and animal sacrifice. Then as Almighty Leader of the world, I could like, go speak at some conventions, or, alternately write a lot of self-help books for new promising galactic overlords.

The ability to generate any amount of money in any denomination in any currency at any time.

Imagine how fast one could drive down the US economy, hitting rock bottom in a matter of days.

It would definitely be one of two (unless I am only limited to one)

Complete body invisibility at will, and the power of supernatural manipulation of other people.

I would choose the ability to do physics problems and experiments at superhuman speed and exceptional accuracy.

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

as in the mel gibson movie, knowing what women are thinking.

arunma said:
I would choose the ability to do physics problems and experiments at superhuman speed and exceptional accuracy.

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

Lame. :grumpy:

He said superhero, not supernerd powers.

Being invisible would be cool, but so would shape shifting.

Moridin said:
Or find elaborate ways to manipulate the masses and construct a massive army of loyal people to storm all nations and take over the world. No one could overturn me, because I would be very intelligent, performing calculations all the time, estimating probability and being able to evade attackers. The ground will be drowned in human worship and animal sacrifice. Then as Almighty Leader of the world, I could like, go speak at some conventions, or, alternately write a lot of self-help books for new promising galactic overlords.

Imagine how fast one could drive down the US economy, hitting rock bottom in a matter of days.

this has already happened. Its called scientology. Unfortunately there was one major flaw :uhh:

My superpower would be that the universe is just a dream. Then I would wake up and see what happens.

Huckleberry said:
My superpower would be that the universe is just a dream. Then I would wake up and see what happens.

Thats not a superpower. :uhh: It's a movie called the matrix.

A good superpower would be something like using the force in star wars where you can alter peoples thoughts.

Another good one would be the ability to travel in time.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Thats not a superpower. :uhh: It's a movie called the matrix.

I hate it when my imagination taunts me. Be silent or I'll wake up.

My one super power would be to have whatever super power I wanted to have at any given time.

cyrus said:
It's a movie called the matrix.
Like the writers of that movie were the original creators of the idea.

Mk said:
Like the writers of that movie were the original creators of the idea.

Ok, and? Thats still not a superpower, is it?

Shape shifting!
Its the most wicked super cool amazing power worth having!
What are you people thinking?
Shape SHIFTING!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Another good one would be the ability to travel in time.
We all do that.

You can't go forwards, and you can't go backwards in time. That's what I'd call no ability to time travel.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Ok, and? Thats still not a superpower, is it?
I'm not talking about The Matrix.

I guess if the universe were my personal dream then I could do anything I have the ability to imagine. Basically, I would have all super-powers. So I'd instantly think of all the possibilities of every possible combination of events right down to the atomic structure and experience them all. Then I'd be bored and wonder what is real that is beyond my imagination. What am I missing?

My super-power would be the choice to discover what happens to dreams when the dreamer awakes and to understand what is more real than this reality. What happens to something if there is no observer to observe it? If I am dreaming and realize I am dreaming then I can feel the difference between the dream and reality. So if I suddenly realize I am dreaming now, what would the new reality be like. Would it feel more real than this one?

Having a super-power is like being a big fish in a little pond. Can you imagine a world where everyone could time-travel or shape-shift or be invisible or dominate minds? Maybe it's my own pessimistic view of humanity, but the abuses of these abilities seem to outweigh the benefits to me. Super-powers are super because they are rare. It's being the big fish.

I'd rather be a small fish in an ocean of experiences larger than I can imagine.

This is somewhat randon and is certianly no super power:
If I was really fat my goal would be to find wooden chairs, sit on them and break them.:rofl:

<h2>1. What inspired you to become a scientist?</h2><p>I have always been curious about the world around me and have a passion for understanding how things work. As a child, I was fascinated by science and constantly asked questions about the natural world. This curiosity and drive to learn led me to pursue a career in science.</p><h2>2. What are the five most frequently asked questions about "If you had superpowers what would they be?"</h2><p>The five most frequently asked questions about "If you had superpowers what would they be?" are:<ol> <li>What superpowers would you choose?</li> <li>Why did you choose those specific superpowers?</li> <li>How would you use your superpowers?</li> <li>What challenges or limitations would come with having superpowers?</li> <li>Do you think having superpowers would make your life easier or more complicated?</li></ol></p><h2>3. How would having superpowers impact your work as a scientist?</h2><p>Having superpowers would definitely impact my work as a scientist. It would allow me to conduct experiments and research at a much faster pace and with more accuracy. For example, if I had super speed, I could quickly gather data and analyze it in a fraction of the time it would normally take. However, I would also have to be mindful of using my powers ethically and not allowing them to interfere with the scientific process.</p><h2>4. Do you think having superpowers would change your perspective on the world?</h2><p>Yes, having superpowers would definitely change my perspective on the world. It would give me a unique and powerful ability to see and experience things that others cannot. I would also have a greater responsibility to use my powers for good and make a positive impact on the world.</p><h2>5. How do you think society would react to individuals with superpowers?</h2><p>Society's reaction to individuals with superpowers would likely vary. Some may view them as heroes and admire their abilities, while others may fear them and see them as a threat. There would also be ethical and moral debates about the use of these powers and potential consequences. Overall, I believe society would be fascinated and intrigued by individuals with superpowers, but also cautious and wary of their potential impact.</p>

1. What inspired you to become a scientist?

I have always been curious about the world around me and have a passion for understanding how things work. As a child, I was fascinated by science and constantly asked questions about the natural world. This curiosity and drive to learn led me to pursue a career in science.

2. What are the five most frequently asked questions about "If you had superpowers what would they be?"

The five most frequently asked questions about "If you had superpowers what would they be?" are:

1. What superpowers would you choose?
  2. Why did you choose those specific superpowers?
  3. How would you use your superpowers?
  4. What challenges or limitations would come with having superpowers?
  5. Do you think having superpowers would make your life easier or more complicated?

3. How would having superpowers impact your work as a scientist?

Having superpowers would definitely impact my work as a scientist. It would allow me to conduct experiments and research at a much faster pace and with more accuracy. For example, if I had super speed, I could quickly gather data and analyze it in a fraction of the time it would normally take. However, I would also have to be mindful of using my powers ethically and not allowing them to interfere with the scientific process.

4. Do you think having superpowers would change your perspective on the world?

Yes, having superpowers would definitely change my perspective on the world. It would give me a unique and powerful ability to see and experience things that others cannot. I would also have a greater responsibility to use my powers for good and make a positive impact on the world.

5. How do you think society would react to individuals with superpowers?

Society's reaction to individuals with superpowers would likely vary. Some may view them as heroes and admire their abilities, while others may fear them and see them as a threat. There would also be ethical and moral debates about the use of these powers and potential consequences. Overall, I believe society would be fascinated and intrigued by individuals with superpowers, but also cautious and wary of their potential impact.