Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you had superpowers what would they be?

1. Jul 4, 2007 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2007 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Does 'charming the pants off girls' not count? :confused:

- Warren

4. Jul 4, 2007 #3
    Easy, Superhuman Intelligence, although it is not mentioned. It would crush everyone :biggrin:

5. Jul 4, 2007 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

i'd love to have superman's. Can't beat that :biggrin:

6. Jul 4, 2007 #5
    Of course it counts. Everything counts.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  7. Jul 4, 2007 #6
    brute strength, super speed, invisibility, flight, shape shifting, energy beams,
    aaaaaaaaaaa i can keep thinkin the whole night, there r so many i want

8. Jul 4, 2007 #7
    what exactly a intelligent superhuman do???

9. Jul 4, 2007 #8
    The ability to make any arbitrary individual within a 20 foot radius think that he or she owns me money from that one time that one day.

10. Jul 4, 2007 #9

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Is getting to choose your superpowers a superpower?

11. Jul 4, 2007 #10
    It was mentioned.

12. Jul 4, 2007 #11
    I do alright as is.

13. Jul 4, 2007 #12
    You are superhumanly human!

Personally, i'd love teleportation. At least I could wake up from bed at the last possible instant and still get to college on time.

14. Jul 4, 2007 #13
    I'd have "generic superpower" that can do anything. :D

15. Jul 4, 2007 #14
    I think shape shifting is the coolest. Especially if there are little to no limitations. You could look like other people.. .or animals... really small things that fit in people's pockets. All sorts of coolnesses.

16. Jul 4, 2007 #15
    The ability to generate any amount of money in any denomination in any currency at any time.

17. Jul 4, 2007 #16

radou

Homework Helper

I'd like to be able to see through womens clothes. Sometimes. :biggrin: o:)

Actually, I'm kidding. Hell, I wouldn't like to have this super power. Things wouldn't be fun.

18. Jul 4, 2007 #17
    Not really sure. Get to speak at some conventions I guess.

19. Jul 4, 2007 #18

radou

Homework Helper

Or commit suicide.

20. Jul 4, 2007 #19
    Or find elaborate ways to manipulate the masses and construct a massive army of loyal people to storm all nations and take over the world. No one could overturn me, because I would be very intelligent, performing calculations all the time, estimating probability and being able to evade attackers. The ground will be drowned in human worship and animal sacrifice. Then as Almighty Leader of the world, I could like, go speak at some conventions, or, alternately write a lot of self-help books for new promising galactic overlords.

Imagine how fast one could drive down the US economy, hitting rock bottom in a matter of days.

21. Jul 4, 2007 #20

Mk

It would definitely be one of two (unless I am only limited to one)

Complete body invisibility at will, and the power of supernatural manipulation of other people.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?