I'm gonna pretend to be deep now

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
Originally posted by Zero
Laughter is like leaves falling from a tree in autumn. You must rake the leaves, or they will rot on teh ground, and mushrooms will grow. If you eat the mushrooms, however, you will see wonders...and possibly Jerry Garcia.
It just doesn't end!

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
It just doesn't end!
Mushroom season ends in the fall.

FZ+
But the fall is in the beginning, and is in accordance with the universal order. Now that yiou have fallen, children, it is time to push that button to call the grand lift of life. Only then can you endure the feisty slap of unending truth.

Tom Mattson
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by FZ+
Only then can you endure the feisty slap of unending truth.
If I recall my Zeroisms correctly, that slap should be with a dead mackerel or something. (Halibut maybe? I don't remember.)

Zero
Originally posted by Tom
If I recall my Zeroisms correctly, that slap should be with a dead mackerel or something. (Halibut maybe? I don't remember.)
Sea bass, Tom...

jammieg
This one could already be an episdoe of the Twilight Zone.
I had a dream that as each scientist looked into their microscope ever deeper into matter they eventually would see themselves peering back at themselves.
What does it mean?
To me it may mean that how one sees the universe is a reflection of how one's mind works and visa versa, fortunately we all have minds that have similiar functions such as a keen sense of differences in things or discrimination or a keen sense of dichotomy or similarities, so that on a broader scale the way the human mind works could also be a reflection of how the universe looks to us, so in a way understanding the mind or brain and understanding the universe tend to go hand in hand.
If you travel far enough you'll eventually see yourself, and nothing knew to say,
the mind is a refection of the world and the world the mind, a cracker is still a cracker, but a mathematician tends to see a rectagular primarily carbohydrate food unit, whereas a chef sees a platform for a culinary delight.

Last edited by a moderator:
BoulderHead
I had a dream that as each scientist looked into their microscope ever deeper into matter they eventually would see themselves peering back at themselves.
What does it mean?
I'm not certain but it may share a commonality with the story of the Kee-Kee bird, which flies in smaller and smaller circles until at last it flies up it’s own backside where upon it exclaims; “Kee Kee, It stinks in here”.

Last night I didn't dream. Or is it that I don't exist, and merely dream my existence during the day-time?

(Couldn't resist that jab at the constantly-quoted philosophy of wuliheron, about the grub).

But I have come to realize that all existence is really the flow of energy through time, a collective consciousness that transcends meaning and understanding. This consciousness beckons me. It calls to to fulfill my purpose. I forgot to call her last night.

An Infinite Number of Monkeys
Ronald Koertge *

After all the Shakespeare, the book
of poems they type is the saddest
in history.

But before they can finish it,
they have to wait for that Someone
who is always

looking to look away. Only then
can they strike the million
keys that spell

humiliation and grief, which are
the great subjects of Monkey
Literature

and not, as some people still
believe, the banana
and the tire.

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
But I have come to realize that all existence is really the flow of energy through time, a collective consciousness that transcends meaning and understanding. This consciousness beckons me. It calls to to fulfill my purpose. I forgot to call her last night.
I'm sure she will be rather flattered to know that you think of her as "all of existence" .

BoulderHead
Originally posted by Mentat
I'm sure she will be rather flattered to know that you think of her as "all of existence" .
I consider women to be the center of the universe. From this central point the universe spreads out in all directions...

Originally posted by BoulderHead
I consider women to be the center of the universe. From this central point the universe spreads out in all directions...
Dan, I think he's callin' your woman fat .

Originally posted by Mentat
Dan, I think he's callin' your woman fat .
Mother Nature was born pregnant and the cops wanna find who did it!

Originally posted by wuliheron
Mother Nature was born pregnant and the cops wanna find who did it!
LOL

Ah, yes, laughter--mother nature's age-old remedy--a panacea. It warms the heart and freezes the buttocks. It lifts the spirits and drops the pants (and the gut). But only when we have attained complete laughteration will we realize...