I'm gonna pretend to be deep now

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touches on various topics such as the existence of God, the purpose of the thread, the concept of religious idealism, and the use of poetic imagery in philosophy. The conversation also explores the idea of a mystical experience and how it can be validated or mocked. Ultimately, it can be seen as an exercise in discussing complex and abstract concepts that cannot be easily countered with logical arguments.
Children, fellow seekers, Take heart in my return. I see your questions, and I know the answer lies on the first page of the Holy Scroll, if you seek true wisdom with your heart, and your heart within your heart, and your heart within your heart within your chest...

I dreamed of a silver gate, and silver writing upon teh silver gate, and silver-armored guards at the gate...

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Zero
Originally posted by Iacchus32
Actually God doesn't exist for everyone. This is why He created hell. So you can believe whatever you want. Hey it don't bother me none.

Actually you're not judged so much upon what you believe, in as much as what you do with what you believe. In which case you're likely to find many "so-called" Christians in hell.
No, Gods and Goddesses lve inside of all of us, but outside too, in the gardem of celery and hope. We are judged by the great ,master who sits in the beer keg throne and mumbles incoherently, thereby proving his wisdom.
It's very funny you should mention this. Did you know that Iacchus was another name for Dionysus, and that Dionysus was originally the "god of beer" (as Iacchus) before he became the "god of wine?"

Just a coincidence? I for one don't believe in them.

It's very funny you should mention this. Did you know that Iacchus was another name for Dionysus, and that Dionysus was originally the "god of beer" (as Iacchus) before he became the "god of wine?"

Just a coincidence? I for one don't believe in them.

The gods of old are real, in the imagination of teh children...if you follow the pets, the door reveals itself.

Originally posted by Fliption
Well, being familar with Zero, I can certainly see why one would think this thread is making fun of religion or anyone who doesn't subscribe to the meaningless, mechanical, box full of rocks view of the universe.

On the other hand, in a way, it is very, very, very much similar to that marvelous "Textrium of Existence" thread which did not have so broad a target.

Yes, anyone who thinks they can make a mock thread, bow to the king (Fliption).:wink:

Children, fellow seekers, Take heart in my return. I see your questions, and I know the answer lies on the first page of the Holy Scroll, if you seek true wisdom with your heart, and your heart within your heart, and your heart within your heart within your chest...

I dreamed of a silver gate, and silver writing upon teh silver gate, and silver-armored guards at the gate...

Do you people see what I mean yet? Zero is talking just like the pious/pompous people who think themselves superior (and enlightened) because they happen to have had visions, or can speak in riddles/mysticisms. I personally think that there are quite a few who could learn from this thread. That's not to say that Zero isn't intending it to be a mockery of religion, but that's just not what I'm getting out of it.

The gods of old are real, in the imagination of teh children...if you follow the pets, the door reveals itself.

...enlightenment is on the other side, but is it really possible to squeeze through the "doggy hole", as do the pets?

Originally posted by Mentat
...enlightenment is on the other side, but is it really possible to squeeze through the "doggy hole", as do the pets?

You must squeeze your perceptions to match the door, not try to force teh door to match you..also, watch out for the doggy poo.

You must squeeze your perceptions to match the door, not try to force teh door to match you..also, watch out for the doggy poo.

...which represents the results of unfounded conviction, without knowledge of your limits. My children, let go of your limits, and embrase the dog poo, only then will you find the true meaning of life.

(Hey, this is kind of fun)

The Advent of Color

From the thread, https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=429" ...

A source of universal information? Hmm... In other words the mind is like a receptacle, "or door," to another dimension?

"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." (Revelation 4:1-5)

So here, with respect to the rainbow and seven lamps which, are the seven spirits of God, it seems to suggest the six basic colors of the color wheel in accord with the color white, where white is the center and the medium (white light): the 24 elders clothed in white? All of which are arrayed as follows:

Red (1), Orange (2), Yellow (3), White (4), Green (5), Blue (6) and Violet (7) ... which is further detailed by the following equations:

Red-Orange-Yellow (123) + White-White-White (444) = Green-Blue-Violet (567). Whereas Yellow (3) x White-Red (41) = Red-Orange-Yellow (123) and, Violet (7) x Gray-Red (81) = Green-Blue-Violet (567). And also, Yellow-Violet (37) x Red-Orange (12) = White-White-White (444).

See the pattern here? It's simliar to the color code used in electronics, while also portraying the pattern on the front cover of my book - http://www.dionysus.org/x0009.html - which is strange because I practice a form of meditation where, once I "tune in," I begin to see yellow smoke rings (3) set against a violet backdrop (7). And as it progresses, a smoke ring takes form, and then begins to diminish in size, until a new one forms to take its place, and on it goes ... All of which has something to do with the "spherical nature" of things and keeping one's thoughts "in context" (in the moment): i.e., Yellow-Violet (37) x Red-Orange (12) = White-White-White (444) ... where the color white is the medium (4/444) or white light itself.
In case anyone's interested, all of this is reflected in the design of my avatar to the left.

And yes, does anybody see anything remotely familiar between Zero's original post and the beginning of this post here?

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes, does anybody see anything remotely familiar between Zero's original post and the beginning of this post here?
Erm... no.

I dreamt last night, of a field of lilacs, and the end of my quest. Now, I understand all teh secrets of teh universe. I can levitate, because gravity doesn't apply to the enlightened.

I dreamt last night, of a field of lilacs, and the end of my quest. Now, I understand all teh secrets of teh universe. I can levitate, because gravity doesn't apply to the enlightened.

Yet the field of lilacs are still on the ground...yes I know the dream well.

Zero, I laughed like hell and needed to thanks.

Originally posted by TENYEARS
Zero, I laughed like hell and needed to thanks.

Laughter is like leaves falling from a tree in autumn. You must rake the leaves, or they will rot on teh ground, and mushrooms will grow. If you eat the mushrooms, however, you will see wonders...and possibly Jerry Garcia.

Laughter is like leaves falling from a tree in autumn. You must rake the leaves, or they will rot on teh ground, and mushrooms will grow. If you eat the mushrooms, however, you will see wonders...and possibly Jerry Garcia.
Yes, you have spoken wisely grasshopper ...

It just doesn't end!

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
It just doesn't end!

Mushroom season ends in the fall.

But the fall is in the beginning, and is in accordance with the universal order. Now that yiou have fallen, children, it is time to push that button to call the grand lift of life. Only then can you endure the feisty slap of unending truth.

Originally posted by FZ+
Only then can you endure the feisty slap of unending truth.

If I recall my Zeroisms correctly, that slap should be with a dead mackerel or something. (Halibut maybe? I don't remember.)

Originally posted by Tom
If I recall my Zeroisms correctly, that slap should be with a dead mackerel or something. (Halibut maybe? I don't remember.)

Sea bass, Tom...

This one could already be an episdoe of the Twilight Zone.
I had a dream that as each scientist looked into their microscope ever deeper into matter they eventually would see themselves peering back at themselves.
What does it mean?
To me it may mean that how one sees the universe is a reflection of how one's mind works and visa versa, fortunately we all have minds that have similar functions such as a keen sense of differences in things or discrimination or a keen sense of dichotomy or similarities, so that on a broader scale the way the human mind works could also be a reflection of how the universe looks to us, so in a way understanding the mind or brain and understanding the universe tend to go hand in hand.
If you travel far enough you'll eventually see yourself, and nothing knew to say,
the mind is a refection of the world and the world the mind, a cracker is still a cracker, but a mathematician tends to see a rectagular primarily carbohydrate food unit, whereas a chef sees a platform for a culinary delight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a dream that as each scientist looked into their microscope ever deeper into matter they eventually would see themselves peering back at themselves.
What does it mean?
I'm not certain but it may share a commonality with the story of the Kee-Kee bird, which flies in smaller and smaller circles until at last it flies up it’s own backside where upon it exclaims; “Kee Kee, It stinks in here”.

Last night I didn't dream. Or is it that I don't exist, and merely dream my existence during the day-time?

(Couldn't resist that jab at the constantly-quoted philosophy of wuliheron, about the grub).

But I have come to realize that all existence is really the flow of energy through time, a collective consciousness that transcends meaning and understanding. This consciousness beckons me. It calls to to fulfill my purpose. I forgot to call her last night.

An Infinite Number of Monkeys
Ronald Koertge *

After all the Shakespeare, the book
of poems they type is the saddest
in history.

But before they can finish it,
they have to wait for that Someone
who is always

looking to look away. Only then
can they strike the million
keys that spell

humiliation and grief, which are
the great subjects of Monkey
Literature

and not, as some people still
believe, the banana
and the tire.

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
But I have come to realize that all existence is really the flow of energy through time, a collective consciousness that transcends meaning and understanding. This consciousness beckons me. It calls to to fulfill my purpose. I forgot to call her last night.

I'm sure she will be rather flattered to know that you think of her as "all of existence" .

I'm sure she will be rather flattered to know that you think of her as "all of existence" .
I consider women to be the center of the universe. From this central point the universe spreads out in all directions...

Originally posted by BoulderHead
I consider women to be the center of the universe. From this central point the universe spreads out in all directions...

Dan, I think he's callin' your woman fat .

Dan, I think he's callin' your woman fat .

Mother Nature was born pregnant and the cops want to find who did it!

Originally posted by wuliheron
Mother Nature was born pregnant and the cops want to find who did it!

LOL

Ah, yes, laughter--mother nature's age-old remedy--a panacea. It warms the heart and freezes the buttocks. It lifts the spirits and drops the pants (and the gut). But only when we have attained complete laughteration will we realize...

Back