Insert Image on Desktop - Bob's Guide

• Thread starter Wannabeagenius
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about how to insert an image into a message on Physics Forums. The initial question is how to insert an image from the desktop, and it is suggested to use the "Manage Attachments" option when doing a "New Reply". However, the person asking the question wants to know if there is a way to directly insert the image, and it is explained that you must use the Advanced editor and the image must be uploaded to a URL. It is also mentioned that there was a recent thread about this topic. The conversation then shifts to discussing the functionality of browsers and the thread is moved to a new forum.
Wannabeagenius
Hi,

How do I insert an image into my message?

My image is on the desktop. I tried to copy and paste but it did not work. Also, if I press the Insert Image button, I get a command to enter the URL of my image. What is the URL for the desktop.

Thank you,
Bob

Physics news on Phys.org
Try the "Manage Attachments" option when you do a "New Reply" instead of a "Quick Reply" . That allows you to upload the file directly from the desktop.

Test

Attachments

• IR Spectrum.gif
    IR Spectrum.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 560
fss said:
Try the "Manage Attachments" option when you do a "New Reply" instead of a "Quick Reply" . That allows you to upload the file directly from the desktop.

OK. I can attach an image but that is different from inserting an image. Is there a way to insert an image?

Thanks,

Bob

In the Advanced editor, look for this icon:
[PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/Nexus/editor/insertimage.png

Note: the image must be already at a URL (i.e. must already be uploaded somewhere).

Last edited by a moderator:
For example you can upload your images to imageshack.us

DaveC426913 said:

Note: the image must be already at a URL (i.e. must already be uploaded somewhere).

Test[URL]http://geoflop.uchicago.edu/forecast/tmp/rad.20225334.gif[/URL]

DaveC426913 said:

Thank you,

So there is no simple cutting and pasting, is there?

I guess you missed the thread we had about this just a few days ago, which is a few entries below your thread right now:

How do I put images here?

Wannabeagenius said:
Thank you,

So there is no simple cutting and pasting, is there?

Certainly there is.

Paste the URL of the pic into the editor, then paste tags around it.

Note: I do not believe there is a single website on the intertubes where you can merely paste and actual image into a message. The browsers themselves do not support this functionality.

1. How do I insert an image on my desktop using Bob's Guide?

To insert an image on your desktop using Bob's Guide, first open the application and locate the "Insert Image" option. Then, click on the option and select the image you want to insert from your computer. Once selected, the image will be automatically inserted on your desktop.

2. Can I resize the image after inserting it on my desktop?

Yes, you can resize the image by clicking on it and dragging the corners to adjust the size. You can also right-click on the image and select the "Resize" option to manually enter the dimensions you want.

3. How can I move the image to a specific location on my desktop?

To move the image to a specific location, click and hold on the image, then drag it to the desired location on your desktop. You can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the image pixel by pixel.

4. What types of images are supported by Bob's Guide for desktop insertion?

Bob's Guide supports a wide range of image formats, including JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP. You can insert any of these formats on your desktop using the application.

5. Is there a limit to the number of images I can insert on my desktop using Bob's Guide?

No, there is no limit to the number of images you can insert on your desktop using Bob's Guide. However, keep in mind that too many images may clutter your desktop and affect your computer's performance.