In Search of a Glorious Spreadsheet of PhD Programs

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a perfect spreadsheet to assist with choosing or applying to PhD programs. They ask for recommendations and someone suggests using Google's advanced search features to create a customizable spreadsheet.
byzantine04
I am on a quest for the most perfect spreadsheet designed to assist with choosing or applying to phd programs. If anyone is in possession of such an artifact, I implore you to bestow it upon me so I may bathe in the light of the knowledge garnered by those who came before. If your wondrous magnificence is aware of the existence of a wholly pristine spreadsheet which is located elsewhere, pray advise me of the location and this one will form an expedition to acquire it forthwith.

Physics news on Phys.org
I seriously doubt that such a spreadsheet exists. A spreadsheet does a great job of working with quantitative data, but not so much with the qualitative things you're asking one to do.

Thanks for your reply. If it doesn't exist I will create it. I just thought I'd get a big head start on it by using someone else's foundation.

Also, since you don't like a spreadsheet for this job, what would you recommend to compile all of the information?

byzantine04 said:
Thanks for your reply. If it doesn't exist I will create it. I just thought I'd get a big head start on it by using someone else's foundation.

Also, since you don't like a spreadsheet for this job, what would you recommend to compile all of the information?
Googling the last part of your thread title returns lots of hits on blank spreadsheet ideas that students can use to organize information about the schools they are considering and applying to...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Spreadsheet+of+PhD+Programs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Likes berkeman
You already have a glorious spread sheet . It's called Google . All you need your end is a bit of DIY user friendly software to select sets of search filters without having to enter them manually each time .

The advanced search facilities on Google are immensely powerful . Use them .

Likes berkeman

1. What is "In Search of a Glorious Spreadsheet of PhD Programs"?

"In Search of a Glorious Spreadsheet of PhD Programs" is a comprehensive spreadsheet created by a group of scientists to help individuals search for and compare different PhD programs in their field of study. It includes information such as program rankings, faculty members, research areas, and funding opportunities for over 100 universities.

2. How can I access the spreadsheet?

The spreadsheet can be accessed through a link provided by the creators of "In Search of a Glorious Spreadsheet of PhD Programs". This link can be found on their website or through social media platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn.

3. Is the information in the spreadsheet accurate and up-to-date?

Yes, the creators of "In Search of a Glorious Spreadsheet of PhD Programs" regularly update the information in the spreadsheet to ensure its accuracy. However, it is always recommended to also visit the official websites of the universities for the most current and accurate information.

4. Can I contribute to the spreadsheet?

Yes, the creators of "In Search of a Glorious Spreadsheet of PhD Programs" welcome contributions from others. If you have information about a program that is not included in the spreadsheet, you can contact the creators and provide the necessary information to be added.

5. How can I use the spreadsheet to find the right PhD program for me?

The spreadsheet can be sorted and filtered based on various criteria such as program rankings, research areas, and funding opportunities. This allows you to easily compare different programs and find the ones that best fit your interests and goals. Additionally, you can also use the contact information provided in the spreadsheet to reach out and ask any specific questions you may have about the program.

Back