1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools In Search of a Glorious Spreadsheet of PhD Programs

1. Nov 10, 2017 #1
    I am on a quest for the most perfect spreadsheet designed to assist with choosing or applying to phd programs. If anyone is in possession of such an artifact, I implore you to bestow it upon me so I may bathe in the light of the knowledge garnered by those who came before. If your wondrous magnificence is aware of the existence of a wholly pristine spreadsheet which is located elsewhere, pray advise me of the location and this one will form an expedition to acquire it forthwith.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2017 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

I seriously doubt that such a spreadsheet exists. A spreadsheet does a great job of working with quantitative data, but not so much with the qualitative things you're asking one to do.

4. Nov 11, 2017 #3
    Thanks for your reply. If it doesn't exist I will create it. I just thought I'd get a big head start on it by using someone else's foundation.

Also, since you don't like a spreadsheet for this job, what would you recommend to compile all of the information?

5. Nov 11, 2017 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Googling the last part of your thread title returns lots of hits on blank spreadsheet ideas that students can use to organize information about the schools they are considering and applying to...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Spreadsheet+of+PhD+Programs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

6. Nov 11, 2017 #5
    I swear I googled before posting. Thanks for finding this.

7. Nov 11, 2017 #6

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You already have a glorious spread sheet . It's called Google . All you need your end is a bit of DIY user friendly software to select sets of search filters without having to enter them manually each time .

The advanced search facilities on Google are immensely powerful . Use them .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted