Include in letter "I look forward to working with you soon"?

• Thread starter thepatient
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a second interview with an engineering firm where the manager discussed potential start dates and requested an offer letter to be written for the interviewee. The interviewee is now writing a thank you letter and is wondering if it would be odd to express excitement about working with the company before receiving the offer letter. The manager was not clear on whether the offer letter would be sent through mail or email, but it is expected to arrive today. The interviewee is unsure if this detail makes a difference and is considering expressing their enthusiasm and hope for the opportunity in the thank you letter. They conclude that it may not be a big deal and thank the expert for their input.
thepatient
Hello,

I had a second interview with an engineering firm. At the end of the interview, the manager discussed dates for when he would like me to start. He asked the office manager to write me an offer letter.

I am now currently writing a thank you for the interview letter for the two interviewers. Would it be strange to say that I look forward to working with them soon before I get the offer letter?

Physics news on Phys.org
He wasn't clear whether it was going to be sent through snail mail or e-mail, but he said today or tomorrow. Today is tomorrow, so I am guessing it will be snail mail.

I doubt it would make much of a difference. If it bothers you, why not try something like...
  • I look forward to hearing from you.
  • I am excited about this opportunity.
  • I hope to speak with you again soon.

Likes thepatient
So it isn't a big deal. I guess I am just splitting hairs. Thanks.

1. What does "I look forward to working with you soon" mean?

"I look forward to working with you soon" is an expression used to convey excitement and anticipation for future collaboration. It implies a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards working together in the near future.

2. Why include "I look forward to working with you soon" in a letter?

Including "I look forward to working with you soon" in a letter is a polite and professional way to express your eagerness to collaborate and build a working relationship. It also helps to establish a positive tone and create a sense of mutual respect and enthusiasm.

3. Is "I look forward to working with you soon" appropriate for a formal letter?

Yes, "I look forward to working with you soon" is appropriate for a formal letter as it is a professional and respectful way to express your enthusiasm for future collaboration. It can help to set a positive tone and build rapport with the recipient.

4. Can "I look forward to working with you soon" be used in an email?

Yes, "I look forward to working with you soon" can be used in an email as it conveys a friendly and professional tone. It is a common phrase used in business communication to express excitement and anticipation for future collaboration.

5. How can "I look forward to working with you soon" benefit a professional relationship?

Including "I look forward to working with you soon" in a letter can benefit a professional relationship by showing your positive attitude and enthusiasm for future collaboration. It can also help to build rapport and establish a mutual respect between you and the recipient.