Indian Cooking: Birthday Party Buffet Ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monique
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
39 replies · 5K views
Originally posted by Monique
no mexican food for me either :(
C'mon! Smothered in jalapenos and/or habaneros - a gastronomical DELIGHT!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Hurkyl
What's a quisine?

*runs & hides*
It is not written with a Q? [b(] :frown:
I'll go and abscond (see, I DO know sòme difficult words..) :wink:
 
Last edited:
Originally posted by Monique
It is not written with a Q? [b(] :frown:
I'll go and abscond (see, I DO know sòme difficult words..) :wink:
I thought you Dutch knew a lot of French!
From Dictionary.com
cui·sine ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kw-zn)
n.
A characteristic manner or style of preparing food: Spanish cuisine.
Food; fare.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French, from Old French, from Vulgar Latin *cocna, variant of Latin coquna, kitchen, cookery, from coquere, to cook. See pekw- in Indo-European Roots.]
 
According to GOOGLE there are circa 25,500 others who believe it should be written with a Q of which 27 Dutch.. I must've been confused with Quiche
 
Originally posted by Monique
According to GOOGLE there are circa 25,500 others who believe it should be written with a Q of which 27 Dutch.. I must've been confused with Quiche
I just LOVE your fact-finding techniques! How'd you find that?! (Dic.com did not recognize 'quisine' :wink:)
 
Well, just search for quisine in google and see how many pages it finds, then press the button which says 'only find dutch pages' doesn't google make life easy?
 
Originally posted by Monique
Well, just search for quisine in google and see how many pages it finds, then press the button which says 'only find dutch pages' doesn't google make life easy?
Funny. I don't seem to have that button...(*searching*)
 
food is my favorite topic to discuss, because everyone enjoys good food :)

my favorites currently are vietnamese, lebanese, tex-mex (i can make very good tex mex food), and american southern dishes because of my southern roots...
 
Whaddya get if you put a dog in a blender? ...oh wait, the other way around... stomach cramps??