Infrared emission of Lithium Nitrite (LiNO2)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Adrian Tudini
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
TL;DR
Trying to find the infrared emission spectrum of Lithium Nitrite
Hi

i am trying to find the infrared emission spectrum of Lithium Nitrite on the web but having no luck.

Has the spectrum been measured?

If so, can I be redirected to the resource?

This for general interest and a personal project.

Thanks.
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I also did a quick search, but you are right. I while I do find reports for Lithium Nitrates (LiNO3), I can't find spectrum for Lithium Nitrite (LiNO2).

I would assume that the emission is coming from the vibration levels of the Nitrates. So I would speculate that similar thing would be observed for Nitrites. Perhaps, you might get some idea from IR(absorption)spectrum.
 
Hi

thanks for that.

i found this:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237853608_Infrared_and_Raman_Spectroscopic_Studies_of_Solid_Alkali_Metal_Nitrites