Lithium-6 Hydride verses Lithium-7 Hydride

• Thread starter Doc B
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the differences between Lithium-6 Hydride and Lithium-7 Hydride and their ability to give up hydrogen at different temperatures. The person speaking is trying to verify a statement made by Bob Lazar and is looking for information on Lithium-6 Hydride. They mention finding information on Lithium-6 deuteride but not Lithium-6 hydride. They also mention producing hydrogen through electrolysis and being interested in hard science rather than speculation. They also request help with posting links.
Doc B
Does Lithium-6 Hydride give up hydrogen at a lower temperature than Lithium-7 Hydride? I am trying to verify a statement made by Bob Lazar. I have found information on Lithium-6 deuteride but not Lithium-6 hydride.
I haven't learned how to post the links correctly yet. Sorry:confused: But one was to his youtube movie and his hydrogen Corvette.

Being new to the forum, I guess I have stepped on some toes already. It was unintended. But I am not interested in speculation only hard science. I have been producing hydrogen through electrolysis daily since 2008. My searches always seem to end me up with stacks of information on deuteride but not hydride. I will be grateful to anyone who can point me in the direction I am exploring.

Last edited:
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Well I can help with how to post links.
The link you want to post is the link shown in your browser which is showing the URL you want to link to.
Highlight this link, then use 'Copy' on that, then use 'Paste' to include it in your message.
How to Copy/Paste depends on what device and OS you are using.

What is the difference between Lithium-6 Hydride and Lithium-7 Hydride?

Lithium-6 Hydride and Lithium-7 Hydride are two different isotopes of lithium, meaning they have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons. Lithium-6 has 3 neutrons while Lithium-7 has 4 neutrons.

How do the physical properties of Lithium-6 Hydride and Lithium-7 Hydride differ?

Lithium-6 Hydride is slightly lighter and has a lower melting point than Lithium-7 Hydride. This is because the extra neutron in Lithium-7 makes its nucleus slightly larger and more difficult to break apart, resulting in a stronger bond and higher melting point.

What are the uses of Lithium-6 Hydride and Lithium-7 Hydride?

Lithium-6 Hydride is commonly used as a neutron moderator in nuclear reactors due to its ability to easily absorb neutrons. Lithium-7 Hydride is used in the production of tritium, which is used in nuclear fusion reactions and as a component in hydrogen bombs.

Which isotope is more abundant in nature?

Lithium-7 is the more abundant isotope, making up about 92.5% of naturally occurring lithium. Lithium-6 is a rare isotope, making up only about 7.5% of naturally occurring lithium.

Are there any health concerns associated with Lithium-6 Hydride and Lithium-7 Hydride?

Lithium-6 Hydride and Lithium-7 Hydride are both highly reactive and can be hazardous if handled improperly. However, they are commonly used in controlled settings and precautions are taken to ensure their safe handling. Both isotopes also have potential uses in nuclear weapons, which raises concerns about their safety and potential for misuse.