Installing CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5

• Thread starter mdj
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac Os
In summary, to download and install CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5, go to the CompHEP website, select the version for Mac OS X 10.5, and follow the installation instructions. You will also need to have the Xcode Developer Tools installed on your Mac. CompHEP is compatible with other software on your Mac, but may require some configuration. To update CompHEP, download the latest version from the website and select the option to update during installation. A user manual is available on the CompHEP website or within the software under the "Help" menu.
mdj
I have a bit of trouble getting CompHEP working on my new mac. Does anybody have experience with getting it working on OSX10.5?

I Tried following Michael Peskins guide here: http:/ comphep.sinp.msu.ru/mac/install but it seems to be outdated :(

Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for sharing your experience with installing CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5. I have not personally used CompHEP on a Mac, but I understand the importance of having access to reliable software for scientific research. It is unfortunate that the guide you followed seems to be outdated. Have you tried reaching out to the developers of CompHEP for assistance? They may be able to provide updated instructions or troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing. Additionally, you could also try searching online forums or communities for other users who have successfully installed CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5 and see if they have any tips or advice. I hope you are able to get CompHEP working on your new Mac soon.

1. How do I download and install CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5?

To download and install CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5, follow these steps:

1. Go to the CompHEP website and click on the "Download" button.
  2. Select the version for Mac OS X 10.5 and click on the "Download" button again.
  3. Once the download is complete, open the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.

2. Do I need any additional software to run CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5?

Yes, you will need to have the Xcode Developer Tools installed on your Mac in order to run CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5. These tools can be downloaded for free from the Apple Developer website.

3. Can I use CompHEP with other software on my Mac?

Yes, CompHEP is compatible with other software on your Mac. However, you may need to configure the settings to ensure that CompHEP runs smoothly with other software.

4. How do I update CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5?

To update CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5, follow these steps:

1. Go to the CompHEP website and download the latest version.
  2. Open the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions.
  3. During the installation process, select the option to update CompHEP.

5. Is there a user manual or guide for CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5?

Yes, there is a user manual available for CompHEP on Mac OS X 10.5. You can find it on the CompHEP website or by clicking on the "Help" menu within the software.