1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Integer Cevians - Equilateral Triangles

1. May 29, 2017 #1
    Is anybody familiar with any theory of integer cevians on equilateral triangles?

More specificaly, I was trying to find something about the number of integer cevians that divide the side in integer parts. Like, the eq triangle of side 8 have cevian 7 dividing one side into 3+5.

Only reference I found is here https://oeis.org/A089025
    Where it examples the triangle of side 280 having cevians "247 partitioning an edge into 93+187, as well as cevian 271 that sections the edge into 19+261."
    But nothing else online on how to get to these partitions or how many one could find for a specific triangle.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

4. Jun 4, 2017 #3
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted