Integral of e^(-Nx^2)cos(Mx) from 0 to infinity

  • Thread starter Thread starter Casio
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Infinite
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Casio
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
e^(-Nx^2)cos(Mx) dx = ? (M,N are const)
Please help. Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
:biggrin: I won't change anything in the above post before reading your posts :wink:
 
Are you sure the limits aren't from negative infinity to positive infinity? Otherwise, you will end up with a complex error function (real part).
 
Tide said:
Are you sure the limits aren't from negative infinity to positive infinity? Otherwise, you will end up with a complex error function (real part).
I am sure, I check carefully, I aldready tried, its over 6 and a half pages but unable to get the valeu, you can check it yourself or you want to see my part ?
 
This is what I get:
[tex]Re \sqrt {\frac {\pi}{4m}} e^{i \frac {n^2}{4m}} \left( 1 + erf \left( \frac {im}{2\sqrt m} \right) \right)[/tex]