Integrate ∫x3dx/x+1 - Tutorial

• Thread starter ozaroun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of integrating ∫x3dx/x+1. The advice given is to use long division to get a series of easy to integrate functions. The person asking for help thanks the other for the reminder and mentions they have been working on it for 20 minutes. They also confirm that they used the method suggested in the first comment. The conversation ends with the person expressing their gratitude and congratulating the other.
ozaroun
How do I integrate ∫x3dx/x+1?

Physics news on Phys.org
Show what you tried and it's just done by long division then you get bunch of easy to integrate functions.

Likes 1 person
oh okay thanks a lot :) that totally slipped my mind :D

Can we see your attempts?

Do you know integration methods? Parts? Substitution?

I really mean that THANKS A LOT MAN... I've been at this for 20 min straight... PHEW! :D

@zzmanzz i just had to divide x^3 by x+1... :) iRaid mentioned it in the first comment

ozaroun said:
I really mean that THANKS A LOT MAN... I've been at this for 20 min straight... PHEW! :D

Lol no problem.

Congrats!

Related to Integrate ∫x3dx/x+1 - Tutorial

1. What is the purpose of integrating ∫x3dx/x+1?

The purpose of integrating ∫x3dx/x+1 is to find the antiderivative or the original function from which the given function is derived.

2. How do I solve the integral ∫x3dx/x+1?

To solve the integral ∫x3dx/x+1, you can use the substitution method by letting u = x+1 and then solving for du. You can also use integration by parts by selecting u = x3 and dv = dx/x+1.

3. What is the domain of the function x+1?

The domain of the function x+1 is all real numbers except -1, as the function is undefined at that point.

4. Can I use a calculator to solve this integral?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve this integral. However, it is important to understand the steps involved in solving the integral manually.

5. Is there a specific method for solving this type of integral?

Yes, there are various methods for solving integrals, such as the substitution method, integration by parts, and partial fraction decomposition. The method you choose will depend on the complexity of the integral.