1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integrity requirement in ACI 318 question

1. Sep 1, 2012 #1
    I read an example on James Wight reinforced concrete at the model as the picture 1,
    I need to satisfy both continuity and integrity requirements.
    First let’s start with continuity, I achieve every requirement as required except ,that in continuity their require hook as I read I this I in specific section(picture2), while in the James Wight example there is no such details(picture 3), taking into consideration that development length is achieved without hook(but details in pictures two seems to require this.

Second, regarding integrity requirements, in the solution he said the model is simply supported so because of this it is not included in the ACI Code listing of members that are susceptible to actions
    requiring structural integrity
    Don’t know but this model is not simply supported beam (picture 1)
    Could you please explain this, and give me reference (section that explain this) o ACI 318 so I can understand it more, since I read this from James Wight book (American book, according to ACI 310-08)
    Hope you can help

Attached Files:

• 11.PNG
      11.PNG
      File size:
      2.2 KB
      Views:
    • 222.PNG
      222.PNG
      File size:
      7.2 KB
      Views:
    • 333.PNG
      333.PNG
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 4, 2012 #2
    please help.its not so complicated

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook