International Physics olympiad preparationany ideas would be very helpful

In summary, the speaker is an 11th grade student from India who is preparing for the International Physics Olympiad in 2014. They have already completed reading and solving Concepts of Physics I and II by HC Verma and are currently solving problems from IE Irodov and SS Krotov. They have about 8 months left for the first round at the national level and 14 months for the international olympiad. The speaker is seeking advice on how to continue their preparation and is recommended to do past IPhO and APhO questions and read the book "The Secret of My Success" by Nitin Jain, who is a former IIT AIR#1, IOAA winner, and IPhO gold medalist
narayan.rocks
Iam from India starting 11th grade this year and iam preparing for International physics olympiad 2014 . i have completely read and solved Concepts of Physics I and II by HC Verma. iam currently solving problems from IE Irodov and SS Krotov and solved about 100 problems from those.i have about 8 months left for the first round at national level and 14 months for international physics olympiad.
Any ideas on how to go about from here will be very helpful

Physics news on Phys.org
Do past IPhO and APhO questions.

Read the Book by Nitin Jain "The Secret of My Success".Nitin Jain(2009 IIT AIR#1, IOAA winner twice, IPhO 2009 Gold Medalist)

What is the International Physics Olympiad (IPhO)?

The International Physics Olympiad is an annual physics competition for high school students from around the world. It aims to promote interest and excellence in physics, as well as foster international cooperation and friendship among young scientists.

Who can participate in the IPhO?

The IPhO is open to high school students from any country, provided that they meet the eligibility requirements set by their respective national physics olympiad committees. Typically, contestants must be under the age of 20 and have not started their undergraduate studies.

How can I prepare for the IPhO?

To prepare for the IPhO, it is important to have a strong foundation in physics, mathematics, and problem-solving skills. You can also find past IPhO problems and solutions online to practice and familiarize yourself with the format of the competition. Additionally, many countries have national training programs and camps to help their students prepare for the IPhO.

What topics are covered in the IPhO?

The IPhO covers a wide range of physics topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. It also includes experimental and theoretical components, as well as a team competition. It is important to have a good understanding of all these topics to excel in the IPhO.

What are some tips for success in the IPhO?

Aside from having a strong understanding of physics concepts, some tips for success in the IPhO include practicing past problems, working with a study group or mentor, and staying organized and focused during the competition. It is also important to communicate and collaborate effectively with your team members, as the IPhO includes a team competition component.