Interview with a Physics Mentor: Nugatory - Comments

In summary, the latest PF Insights post features an interview with a Physics Mentor, Nugatory. The interview discusses various topics such as the lack of protection for shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theatre and the importance of working through hard corner cases in life. The interview also reveals that the mentor is not based in England, contrary to what the reader may have assumed.
greg-bernhardt submitted a new PF Insights post

Interview with a Physics Mentor: Nugatory

nugatory.png

Continue reading the Original PF Insights Post.

Likes ISamson, beamie564, trilobite and 7 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Although my then-girlfriend didn’t form quite the right mental image when she heard that I was “hacking on the Eunuchs’ colonel”.
Priceless!

So what is the logically coherent principle behind the lack of protection for shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theatre?

Likes mfb
I like this passage:

"This sense that clarity and completeness come from working through the hard corner cases… That’s applicable everywhere in life."

Great little motivator.

P.S How do I quote something properly from the actual interview?

What a wonderfully interesting story! I might comment that, for some reason, I always pictured you living and working in England. Go figure.

Likes Mondayman

1. What is the purpose of "Interview with a Physics Mentor: Nugatory - Comments"?

The purpose of this interview is to gain insights and perspectives from a physics mentor, specifically on the topic of comments and their role in the scientific community.

2. Who is the physics mentor being interviewed in this article?

The physics mentor being interviewed in this article is Nugatory, a renowned physicist with a vast experience in the field.

3. What are some key takeaways from this interview?

Some key takeaways from this interview include the importance of comments in the scientific community, the potential impact of negative comments, and the need for open-mindedness and respectful discussions.

4. How can this interview benefit aspiring scientists?

This interview can benefit aspiring scientists by providing them with valuable insights and advice from a respected mentor in the field of physics. It also sheds light on the importance of effective communication and collaboration in the scientific community.

5. Are there any follow-up resources or readings recommended after reading this interview?

Yes, there are recommended readings and resources mentioned in the interview that can further enhance one's understanding of the role of comments in the scientific community. These include books, articles, and online forums where discussions on the topic take place.