Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insights Interview with Physics Mentor: Stevendaryl - Comments

Tags:
  1. Jan 3, 2017 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2017 #2
    I haven't had much jewish food, but after looking at images of latkes and rugelach my stomach is rumbling!

4. Jan 14, 2017 #3

Dale

Staff: Mentor

I enjoyed the "anything breaded and fried" comment! I live in the south too, and not coincidentally a decent amount of my research involves liver fat measurement. We call the condition "bojangleosis"

5. Jan 14, 2017 #4

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

6. Feb 13, 2017 #5
    Really liked your history. Wow. A Wildcat!!! What years were you at Northwestern? Some of my classmates from college went there for graduate school. The campus and the nearness to Chicago are very nice.

Groundhog day is also one of my favorites.

7. Feb 14, 2017 #6
    I have also read “The Tao of Physics” by Fritjof Capra, when I was in my teens and because I for some reason was interested in taoism. I can't remember anything from it, in fact I remember more of taoism in general than physics from Capra... And it's not in my bookshelf anymore, it went to a charity second hand store when I optimized my book collection :biggrin:. I have to add that it is not the most embarassing book I have read in the folly of my youth... :blushing: ...that book won't be mentioned here...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted