Interview with someone in Physics Field

In summary, the speaker is a first-year physics student working on an interview paper that relates human perception of time to theories of relativity. They are having trouble finding professors to interview before Thanksgiving, but suggest reaching out to psychology professionals at their university or through online databases for help.
StukaJU87c
I am doing an interview paper on relating a sub-field of psychology to one's major. I am in my first year of pursuing a physics degree. The paper is on relating the human perception of time to time according to the theories of relativity. Anyway, the research portion of my paper turned out to take a lot more time to complete than originally thought and I am worried about professors being available for an interview before Thanksgiving. I need someone who will answer 10-15 questions for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

- Sorry just realized this is posted in the wrong section not sure if I should wait to be moved or repost?

Physics news on Phys.org
You might consider contacting professors in the psychology department at your university, or even faculty at other universities who specialize in human perception of time. You can also reach out to psychology professionals who are not affiliated with a university, such as psychologists or therapists who work in private practice. You can also find experts on the topic through online databases like Google Scholar, where you can find articles written by experts in the field. If you have difficulty finding someone who is available and willing to answer your questions, you could also try to find a professional who specializes in video interviews or phone interviews. Good luck with your project!

1. What inspired you to pursue a career in physics?

I have always been curious about how the world works and have had a passion for solving complex problems. Physics allows me to combine my love for mathematics and science to explore the fundamental laws of nature.

2. Can you explain your current research or area of focus in physics?

Currently, I am researching the properties of dark matter and attempting to understand its role in the structure and evolution of the universe. I am also studying the behavior of particles at the quantum level and how it relates to the larger scale of the universe.

3. How do you see the field of physics evolving in the future?

I believe that the field of physics will continue to expand and evolve as we make new discoveries and advancements in technology. With the rise of quantum computing and the exploration of space, there will be endless opportunities for new research and breakthroughs in the field.

4. What advice do you have for aspiring physicists?

My advice would be to never stop learning and always stay curious. Physics is a constantly evolving field, so it is important to be open to new ideas and approaches. Also, don't be afraid to take on challenging problems and always seek out opportunities to collaborate with others.

5. How do you see physics impacting the world outside of academia?

Physics has a significant impact on our daily lives, from the technology we use to the energy sources we rely on. As we continue to make advancements in physics, I believe it will play a crucial role in solving global challenges such as climate change and developing sustainable energy solutions.