Investing in Stocks this Summer: Is it a Good Idea?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Null_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Summer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Null_
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
I'm taking a class, and I want to get a job. I've pretty much decided I can't get one related to my major (going into second year of chemE) due to my fairly remote location. If I get a job, it'll be selling burgers or something.

I'm thinking about trying to sit at home and play the stock market. I have no experience other than about a week of playing a simulator game. I'm very frugal with my money even in the simulator, and I have gained money.

Is this a horrible idea? I'm thinking I could also dig into the mathematics of it all, which interests me greatly.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It might be fun, but you may also find it incredibly disappointing.
 
How much time would it theoretically take? If not too much, I suppose I could do both.