1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Invitation: Quantum Man: Richard Feynman's life in science online lecture

1. Mar 1, 2012 #1

rhody

Gold Member

Quantum Man: Richard Feynman's life in science
    I registered, perhaps after it is over we could discuss in this thread.

Rhody...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2012 #2

rhody

Gold Member

Nice to see many are interested. I put a reminder in google calendar, to alert and email me before 4 pm on that date. Google calendar is useful, you should check it out, only for those who use gmail however.

Rhody...

4. Mar 4, 2012 #3

rhody

Gold Member

Ok,

The suspense is killing me, is anyone going to watch this, report in please. Perhaps we can have a nice discussion of one of my life long heroes.

Rhody...

5. Mar 4, 2012 #4

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

6. Mar 4, 2012 #5

rhody

Gold Member

Woo who... a live one...

Rhody...

7. Mar 5, 2012 #6

rhody

Gold Member

For those who have already registered I am sure you have or will be seeing this shortly.
    See quote in blue below. I may watch the archived version if the schedule conflicts with work, etc...
    Rhody...

8. Mar 6, 2012 #7

rhody

Gold Member

Don't you just love technology ? Seriously, I am betting this is the first time they have tried it and have to work a few bugs out of the system. Since they are making an archive version available it doesn't really matter when it airs. Perhaps Greg will allow Feynman Chat that day too at the same time as the video web cast, that would be nice.

Rhody... :biggrin:

9. Apr 4, 2012 #8

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  10. Apr 4, 2012 #9

rhody

Gold Member

11. Apr 5, 2012 #10

rhody

Gold Member

Should I say listen, I have heard all this before an then some, too bad, I was hoping for new insight, I was disappointed. Oh well...

Rhody...

12. Apr 6, 2012 #11

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

yes, i haven't read his (lawrence krauss's) book on feynmnan, but i got the impression that if i had, the lecture would have been nothing new

still, anything about feynman is usually entertaining, and the lecture is well worth listening to for anyone who hasn't read a biography of him :smile:

13. Apr 6, 2012 #12

rhody

Gold Member

Maybe it is me, but I found Krauss's dialog just a bit annoying, I surmise in part because I measure all others lectures when it comes to Feynman, to Feynman. By that I mean, Feynman draws you in and captivates you in a way that many if not all who ever lectured on Physics could. I was hoping for a Feynman buzz and didn't get it. I have to laugh, I read James Glecks excellent book: "Genius, the life and science of Richard Feynman" at least five times over a number of years, wearing out more than one copy.

Rhody... :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook