Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying Irish student studying in the UK?

  1. Jul 5, 2010 #1
    Hi, I'm a physics undergrad in the Republic of Ireland. I would very much like to study abroad for my Master's, most likely in the UK. I was wondering which university I should apply for and I'm not too sure about the reliability of the Times or the Guardian league tables. Could any forum-goers give any recommendations or advice? Thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2010 #2
    What areas of physics are you interested in?
  4. Jul 5, 2010 #3
    Well, I'm currently doing an internship in quantum physics relating to Bose-Einstein condensates, Gross-Pitaveskii equation etc. It's a fascinating subject, I really wouldn't mind studying it further. I wouldn't mind doing cosmology either.
  5. Jul 7, 2010 #4
    Imperial and Oxbridge are world class universities. Durham is also good, along with Bristol and Warwick. But, it really depends on what you want to do in your masters.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook