Is a 5.5-6 year graduation time for a physics major unusual?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Benzoate
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Benzoate
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
a physics major graduates between 5.5 and 6 years?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
How many years as Physics major-field? What courses taken were not typical for Physics major? Employed part of full time while a student? A light year or two with some social life? Six years is not so bad.
 
Not at all, from what I've experienced.
 
Good. I'm right on track for it taking me 6 years to complete my physics BS. lol.
 
As long as you keep up a high GPA and don't have a lot of debt, I don't see why its a big deal.

I graduated engineering in 4.5. You're there to learn, its not who can get out the fastest. College is go your own pace in that regard.
 
It took me 5.5 years to graduate with a physics degree. But I took the major-related courses in my last 2 years (switched majors in my 2nd and 3rd years)