Is a Cheap, Eco-Friendly, and Tax-Free Steam Car Possible?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 3K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
I have in mind to build a super light steam car, my aims are 40/50 mph, no
creature comforts, runs off cheap farm fuel or even waste chip shop oil, steam powered cars are not taxable, start with a modest range of 60 miles
or so, other advantages are, no gear box, a go and a stop peddal, light weight engine.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm in! Send over a prototype and I'll invest the whole nest egg (currently over $22,000 !).
 
Sounds great, Woolie. I particularly like your engine idea from the other forum.
 
With some luck everyone will be driving wollie steam cars by 2020,
(mad laugh).
 
http://www.killyman.u-net.com/images/steam9.jpg

You're 100 years too late.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
http://www.killyman.u-net.com/images/steam9.jpg

You're 100 years too late.
Where did you get that picture of my grandad :confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator: