Is a One-Page or Three-Page Resume Better for Landing a Job?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spirit
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Resume
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Spirit
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Dear all,

I did read many resume guidelines for undegraduate students which strongly recommends to limit the resume/C.V. to one page. However, sometimes I see excellent resumes in the Market with 3 pages.

I am confused; Are they for diffirent purposes or what is the difference? Which style do you recommend? Is a 'almost no space' one page resume still more professional than 'neatly spaced' 3 page resume?

Thanks in advance,
-Spirit,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I heard your not suppose to make it more than 1 page unless your a "seasoned" worker, meaning you've worked in the industry for 10+ years.

I would be curious to see what a 3 page resume looked like for an undergrad.

If you have that much work experience being an undergrad, why don't you make a website, listing all the projects you were involved in.

That way you can still make your resume 1 page and they can go to the website on your resume for even more work experience if they are interested.
 
Last edited: