Is a Part-Time Government Job Worth It for a Sophomore in EECS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter haxtor21
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
haxtor21
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Hello PF. I'm a sophomore at a community college majoring in EECS. I recently got the opportunity to work for a attorney at the Attorney General's office in my downtown area (Detroit). I'm pretty sure this is a government position but I might be wrong. The work is part-time and can be full time during summer. Currently I'm a lifeguard and I'm tired of it.

Is this a good opportunity? Or should i stick to my original plan of tutoring at my CC?

Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Based on the information provided no one here can truthully say if it is a good job or a good idea. You neither described the job nor explained what aspects of it that you can see relating to your future studies or career.
 
Evo said:
Based on the information provided no one here can truthully say if it is a good job or a good idea. You neither described the job nor explained what aspects of it that you can see relating to your future studies or career.

The job is pretty mindless as of what i suspect. It involves making copies and other secreterial stuff for the attorney. I will basically be assisting the secretaries. Hes a very laid back guy.

Well it would look very amazing on my resume, since this is the general attorney's office.
I would have like 330 net per month to spend (taxes and gas substracted).

It sounds like a good gig.

Edit: 330 to spend with gas, phone, and insurance included
 
Last edited: