Is a Teddy Ruxpin Convection Oven the Ultimate Christmas Gift?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Christmas
In summary: I don't know if you've ever had a deer that comes within 25 yards of you, let alone right up to you.In summary, Evo is thinking about getting a crossbow for Christmas. He doesn't want to hurt any animals, so he's thinking of getting a gutting blade and a deer call.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Now I'm starting to think perhaps a countertop combination convection oven/microwave might be good. Surely SOMEONE could make me a combination Teddy Ruxpin/convection oven. What would be more awesome than a singing bear that can cook a roast? :!)

Things I've been told I'm NOT allowed to get are

Turkey fryer (contains flammable liquid, propane gas tank and requires an open flame)

Chain saw attachment for my Poulan Pro brush cutter :frown:

The VT 2-23 C WEED DRAGON® – 100,000 BTU Deluxe Vapor Torch Kit (see https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=122258 ) :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
Enlightenment. (Boring, you say?)

verty said:
Enlightenment. (Boring, you say?)
Can it be ordered online?

I'm not too picky about the actual presents, but I would like a visit from Jake Gyllenhaal:
http://f.screensavers.com/OMS/img/435/jake_gyllenhaal_2_wallpaper_215.jpg
:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying not to begin thinking about Christmas til December 1st! Its a day, not 1/4 of a year! (humbug)

I just ordered my (and my wife's) Christmas present last night. A Smooth CE 3.2 Elliptical trainer with eddy-current resistance. We both need to incorporate more aerobic activities now that we're settling in for the winter, and rowing on the Bowflex and using the stationary bike both bother my arthritic knees.

On a side-note, Sharper Image has about 20 different speaker systems into which you can dock your I-Pod. Some of them are teddy bears with LEDs build into their toes and eyes to give a light show with the music. Ruxpin can read you children's books - this guy can rock out with Bonnie Raitt, ZZ Top, and Joe Satriani - just rip your CDs and download them to your favorite MP3 player. Surely TE can warm up to this idea!

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/product/sku__SI222WHT

Darn! There are a lot of hiccups in this thread!

turbo-1 said:
Darn! There are a lot of hiccups in this thread!
Well, that was REALLY annoying (all the duplicate posts), they're gone now.

I just want to make it through another day.

But I have found a great source of presents at work. We have what they call a "customer experience room". We have acess to the latest printers and all the photo paper you could wish for. I printed out a 17"x 11" of my lighthouse pic (see the photo contest) for my daugher-in-law, who has a lighthouse fetish. I am also having calendars and photo albums printed out. I think that this is a test of some new business creation concepts. Last night when I checked there was a stack of album pages 3" deep on the counter so it is getting used pretty heavily.

Oh, yeah, I work for a High Priced company you all love to hate.

I'd settle for 'Peace on Earth' and 'Goodwill among all peoples'.

I'd be happy just to have a quite day with the family.

On holidays, I prefer to spend quiet time in contemplation.

Astronuc said:
On holidays, I prefer to spend quiet time in contemplation.
:zzz: You must have tons of people flocking to spend holidays with you. :wink:

Christmas means eggnog, Chipmunk Christmas on the CD player, and a stack of Christmas videos. Hopefully the frozen smoked turkey the size of New Mexico that the Evo Child bought me the other day will be thawed by then.

I think I would just like a big hug. Really. I can't think of anything I would like better.

Except maybe a new crossbow.

Evo said:
Christmas means eggnog, Chipmunk Christmas on the CD player, and a stack of Christmas videos. Hopefully the frozen smoked turkey the size of New Mexico that the Evo Child bought me the other day will be thawed by then.
I have a fresh 14# turkey, raised by a neighbor, and it's going to be hickory-smoked in my trusty old Brinkman charcoal-fired smoker! Heaven! These fresh smoked turkeys are moist and tasty and they make the best sandwiches, pies, and soups (you have to break the big bones and boil the carcass for a few hours to make the soup stock - otherwise your broth is dishwater).

Math Is Hard said:
I think I would just like a big hug. Really. I can't think of anything I would like better.

{{{{{HUGS MIH}}}}}

:bugeye:

{{{{{{HUGS MIH AGAIN}}}}}

<can't hurt to be on the good side of someone with a crossbow>

Math Is Hard said:

How about a new gutting blade and a deer call for stocking stuffers?

thanks, Evo. And I hope you get your Ruxpin.

turbo-1 said:
I have a fresh 14# turkey, raised by a neighbor,
You KNEW this turkey? :cry:

turbo-1 said:
How about a new gutting blade and a deer call for stocking stuffers?
you know, I don't think I could shoot any critters with it. I was just going to carry for personal safety when I have to work late.

Math Is Hard said:
you know, I don't think I could shoot any critters with it. I was just going to carry for personal safety when I have to work late.
You don't need a crossbow. Just carry a fairly roomy purse. My friend was in the woodworking industry and he made his diminutive wife a weapon created out of a croquet ball studded with 1/4" maple dowels with a light ash handle about 16" long. She was a feisty little thing, and I can assure you that I would not have challenged her without superior weaponry.

Evo said:
You KNEW this turkey? :cry:
I never got chummy with her, but she is a perfect size for 2-3 people plus leftovers.

Evo said:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I'd like a PS3 but in sony's wisdom its not going to be out in europe for ages :cry:

I'm just hoping to make it to Christmas without having the tree knocked over by a rambunctious kitten!

Actually, I have a meat cleaver on my Christmas wish list. It's the one space left empty in my cutlery block (I've been slowly building up my collection of good kitchen knives over the years).

Goldstein's Classical Mechanics

The Nintendo Wii :D

DeadWolfe said:
Goldstein's Classical Mechanics

It's pretty good, but I think Ambien has a better side effect profile.

Here is my wish list that I gave Santa. I know for sure that I won't get all of it because, let's face it, I've been very naughty this year! :)

1. A refill of the African Autumn tea (I ran out last month)
2. The new Tickle-Me-Elmo
3. Version 5 of Sony Vegas+DVD Architect
4. A KitchenAid food processor
5. A large bag of very good Hungarian paprika
6. A PF Gathering at Walt Disney World.

Now who do I have to kiss-up to get all that?

:)

Zz.

Evo said:

:biggrin: Actually Evo, I wish that you get your Teddy Ruxpin by Christmas. If someone doesn't get busy, I'll by you a Teddy Ruxpin myself.

5. A large bag of very good Hungarian paprika
I have a very good (hot) bag of that in my kitchen right now...

ZapperZ said:
Here is my wish list that I gave Santa. I know for sure that I won't get all of it because, let's face it, I've been very naughty this year! :)

1. A refill of the African Autumn tea (I ran out last month)
Ooh, that's a good one. I still have some of mine left. :biggrin: Even my parents liked it, and they are usually really picky about things like that (though, it now gives me a good Christmas gift idea for them since it's something they can drink without milk or sugar...my stepdad is diabetic, so will appreciate getting some new variety in his beverage selection). Maybe Santa will send you some too while he's picking up the order for my parents. :wink:

2. The new Tickle-Me-Elmo
You do realize it's Elmo that gets tickled, not you, right? :wink: :devil: :smile:

6. A PF Gathering at Walt Disney World.
We'll have to keep working on that.

I have bought or am buying my present from Tsu this year: Air compressor, fish tanks, tubing, fittings, lights, various nutrient supplements, cold press, centrifuge, microscope... the normal stuff.

A 19" x 38" picture frame -- That's a tough size to find. I think I'll have to have one made.

Light bulbs -- What in the world? It seems like it was just last week (or was it last month, or last spring) that I was asking why we had three boxes of light bulbs with one bulb missing from each box. Now I have three burnt out light bulbs and no spares. Maybe I better not wait until Christmas.

A new Jeep -- I seriously think I should really replace it this year (not give it to my daughter, then fly to her house to take it back). It is 15 years old, after all.

Ivan Seeking said:
I have bought or am buying my present from Tsu this year: Air compressor, fish tanks, tubing, fittings, lights, various nutrient supplements, cold press, centrifuge, microscope... the normal stuff.
I didn't know Tsu was selling stuff, running a little side business out of the emergency room, is she?

Hee hee, no, I didn't buy them from her. They are her gifts to me; but I bought them. :rolleyes:

Just office supplies. :biggrin:

btw, I accidentally edited your post. I don't think I've ever done that before.

Ivan Seeking said:
Hee hee, no, I didn't buy them from her. They are her gifts to me; but I bought them. :rolleyes:
Oh, sneaky, sneaky! :approve:

Just office supplies. :biggrin:
Riiiight. :smile:

btw, I accidentally edited your post. I don't think I've ever done that before.
:smile: At least you were able to reconstruct it. I was not as fortunate the first time I did that to someone. :redface: