Is anyone good with fixing java errors? Need your help please!

Main Question or Discussion Point

I'm interested in learning foreign languages. I plan maybe to study japanese linquistics in college. I'm learning spanish and japanese, but more japanese for now.

I signed up for a yahoo account on yahoo chat on video games, but I keep getting very strange errors and it won't let me type in the box to reply, but i can still see people talking:

As follows:

"ok so I'm on a video game forum in japanese. I signed up for it, heres the link: http://chat.yahoo.co.jp/?room=%83e%83%8c%83r%83Q%81 [Broken][%83%80::55200
8445&identity=chat_pf_1&client=DHTML

But whenever i try to click on something i get a ton of errors. Here's the one i get most often, I cant even type anything in:

DHTML?????????????: 'chatentry' is undefined
[

Here's what it says folks:

got exception:660369 = 'idle_timeout' is undefined |
http://chat.yahoo.co.jp/c/dhtml/v110/chat.html [Broken] while running function()
{
stack_push("chat.jsnunloadRun()");
if (global.chat==self) {
global.link.sendRoomPart(id,room);
global.link.endChatSession(id);
}
global.chat = null;
delNetWorkListener(networklisetner);
}
clearInterval(idle_timeout);
stack_pop();
}{

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

-Job-
Science Advisor
Kind of hard to diagnose the problem when i can't understand a thing on that page. :smile: For starters make sure you have the latest Java Virtual Machine http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp [Broken]
You might also try it with another browser to make sure it's not IE related.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk
Yar, that is probably it.

Also, make sure your preferences and the like are java accepting.

How do I find out if they are? There is one option that says:
Java console enabled (require restart)

Select this? i use IE 98

Ok, Just downloaded the latest verison of Java and tried again. No luck. in fact, it won't even start up now, I get this error, in japanese which I can't read that well, but I think the first sentence says this:

DHTML版チャットが起動できませんでした。以下の2つから選択してください。:
再接続, または
チャットトップに戻る
DHTML版を利用するために必要な環境については、こちらを参照してください。

"DHTML版チャットが起動できませんでした。以下の2つから選択してください。: " = roughly = Was not able to start up DHTML edition chat.
Please do one of the 2 options below

Mk
Well, if Java is enabled for IE, and you downloaded latest Java, try it with a different browser by golly, try Firefox at mozilla.org.

mK, just downloaded firefox. It doesnt work as well. It loads the chatroom briefly, but the japanese text is in blocks. Then it closes, for no apparent reasonl , giving no error . pelase help

how do i do tab browsing? the help manuel doesnt do any good