Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is anyone here involved in MINOS?

1. Feb 4, 2007 #1
    Is anyone here involved in MINOS? A couple of the graduate schools I've applied to have professors who are involved in this experiment, and I would be interested in becoming involved as a graduate student. So I'd be interested to hear about some of the results that have already come out of MINOS, and what projects will be looked at in the future.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2007 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

4. Feb 4, 2007 #3
    Interesting you mention the U of M. Actually I did my undergrad at the U of Minnesota, and I've applied to their graduate program as well. So I've heard a bit about MINOS during my time here. Do you know what other universities are involved in this experiment?

5. Feb 5, 2007 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

6. Feb 5, 2007 #5
    Oh, I didn't see that. Thanks.

7. Feb 5, 2007 #6
    I'm involved in MINOS, although I'm relatively new to the experiment. My 'big picture' knowledge of the experiment doesn't go much beyond that press release, but I am currently learning about and doing work on Monte Carlo simulations of the detectors.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?