Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is Healthcare 530,000 years ago something to be proud of?

1. Jan 21, 2010 #1
    The ancient remains of a 10 year old human child reveal that even our earliest ancestors looked after the handicapped and mentally impaired in difficult times. The prehistory of compassion

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2010 #2
    The discovery was made in Spain, down the Sima de Los Huesos - "the Pit of Bones". Located at the bottom of a 137 foot deep chimney inside a cave, the pit is littered with remains of ancient animals and also includes about 28 hominid skeletons dating back to the Middle Pleistocene.

Attached Files:

4. Jan 21, 2010 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Interesting article. I'll leave it here for awhile, but ultimately I'll be moving it to Social Science/Anthropology.

5. Jan 21, 2010 #4
  6. Jan 22, 2010 #5
    Good thinking Evo..

Thanks

7. Jan 27, 2010 #6
    I wonder if they too had perpetually angry cave-people grumpling about these people and their 'welfare near-machines' -- and cave-organizations that refused to help them at all because they suffered from 'pre-existing conditions'?

Naturally those 'people' that helped their fellows were often called cave-huggers and accused of not supporting the homo-sapien troops in the Nethanderal Wars.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook