1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it fine to publish an article using the data [experimental results]

1. Jun 16, 2009 #1

drizzle

Gold Member

is it fine to publish an article using the data [experimental results] that I’ve worked on for my thesis. thanks in advance.

note: I didn't hand in my thesis yet

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2009 #2
    Re: article

I'd think for your thesis you'd have an adviser who would indicate when he/she deems it appropriate to submit. You shouldn't be doing anything of this scale with consulting him/her first. Defer to his/her advice regarding the strength of your results and the possibility of publication.

Generally, however, journal articles containing the research of thesis students IS published before their degree is received. Often the thesis is a coherent collection of these works with extra detail / data.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook