Is it possible for you to move a posting?

• Thread starter HeavyWater
  • Start date
In summary, the user HeavyWater posted a thread in the special relativity forum but now wishes it had been posted in the Classical Physics forum. They are asking if it is possible for the HELP team to move the thread, as there are currently no responses. The user HeavyWater is also giving instructions on how to report a post for potential relocation.
HeavyWater
I posted a thread in the special relativity forum and I'm now thinking I should have posted it to the Classical Physics forum. Is it possible for the HELP team to move the thread? I don't have any responses yet, so you don't have to worry about relocating someone elses comments?

If you can move the thread--it is on the second page of the special relativity forum and it appears right at the top and is signed, "HeavyWater"

Thanks
HeavyWater

Physics news on Phys.org
If you think a post should be moved just hit the report button for the first post in that thread and explain the situation (be sure to give a reason as to why it should be moved as well). That way the site mentors will see it and be able to deal with it promptly.

1. Can you physically move a posting?

As a scientist, I do not have the ability to physically move objects. However, if you are referring to moving a posting online, I can assist with providing information on how to do so.

2. How can I move a posting to a different location?

The process of moving a posting to a different location may vary depending on the platform or website where the posting is located. Generally, you can either edit the current posting and change the location, or create a new posting in the desired location and delete the old one.

3. Is it possible to move a posting without losing its content?

Yes, it is possible to move a posting without losing its content. If you are moving a posting within the same platform or website, you can usually edit the location without affecting the content. However, if you are moving to a different platform, you may need to manually copy and paste the content.

4. Can I move a posting to a different category or topic?

Yes, most platforms and websites allow you to change the category or topic of a posting. This can usually be done by editing the posting and selecting a different category or topic from a dropdown menu.

5. What should I do if I can't find the option to move a posting?

If you are having trouble finding the option to move a posting, you may need to consult the platform's help section or contact their customer support for assistance. It is also possible that the platform does not have a feature for moving postings, in which case you may need to manually repost the content in the desired location.